sick on my last available brew week end

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluehouse

Reaction score
OK so I have to go on a buiness trip starting Monday I will be gone through next week end. The following week end I have a commitment to work on another project. So, this is my last available weekend to brew for several weeks and I am sick with a bad cold. I had a big week end planned I have 3 extract kits on hand and the all grain goods for the cream of three crops. I have my brand new brew pot and 5 new empty primaries and I am afraid to brew cause my germs may corrupt my beer. :(

Laurel has the right idea. If you're that worried about infecting it, just wear a mask. I've brewed when I've had a cold though, with no issues. It's all about priorities, man! Well, not *man* per se, but you know what I mean.

Colds are caused by viruses. We're worried about bacteria screwing up our beer, now we have to worry about viruses, too? Can beer catch a cold? Nah.......

I'm quite sure you'll be fine. I don't think you need a mask, either. Just don't sneeze in the wort, like the Mackenzie brothers in Strange Brew.

Thank's for all the encouragement. Maybe I will be able to get at least one batch done even though I feel like a wet dog. I don't know how you guys that live up north deal with crappy weather. We have been wet and cold for 2 days I feel like it's sucking the life right out of me. The sun is not supposed to shine here until Monday so my all grain is most likely going to not get done. I will complete my extract brews, I will, I must or sad I will be.

Thank's for all the encouragement. Maybe I will be able to get at least one batch done even though I feel like a wet dog. I don't know how you guys that live up north deal with crappy weather. We have been wet and cold for 2 days I feel like it's sucking the life right out of me. The sun is not supposed to shine here until Monday so my all grain is most likely going to not get done. I will complete my extract brews, I will, I must or sad I will be.

In the dead of winter it's too cold for germs to spread. I rarely get sick in wintertime. Now that it's starting to warm up the colds will start making the rounds.

Oh, you women are so funny. "I have a cold, I can't brew!"

I once brewed after being turned into a newt... I got better.

The above post was just a joke. Castration is not necessary.

When you live somewhere that gets sun 350 days a year, gloom is an illness in itself. But I must get up and deal. I used to be tougher when I was younger.

350 days of sun a YEAR? the.... horror.... We all used to be tougher when we were younger. Stupid age!

Ok so I got up, cleaned my new primary and brewed one extract batch. I even feel better. But that might be the pint I drank while I was brewing up my batch. BTW you can't talk about how age gets you till you'r over 50.

Back