Show Us Your Veggie Garden

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clann

Reaction score
How many of you have a garden and love being in it?

TheGarden051.jpg

TheGarden052.jpg

And here is the garden that my neighbor lets me help in

TheGarden098.jpg

It's April in MT here, I've seen it snow in June: I got nothing but bare soil & a few plants started indoors at this point, just got my patch tilled up & won't be able to plant/transplant anything for another week or so due to rainy WX.
Regards, GF.

EDIT: It snowed a bit yesterday (05-01-12).

Our garden has been reduced from 12 - Beefsteak tomatoes, 4 romas, 4 green bells, 4 red bells, 4 Jalapenos, 4 thai dragons, 4 red chilis, 4 cayennes, 4 habaneros, and 4 carribean hots, to 2 beefsteaks, 2 romas, and 1 jalapeno...

What was our garden is now a picket fenced playground for our daughter, about 40x25.

We had our soil in the postage stamp backyard tested and it was off the charts in heavy metals :(. We just plant flowers now. So sad.

Don't really like gardening, more interested in edible perennials. Last year was our first in this house and Kellie went way overboard planting. Most of it didn't produce anything, so this year we are planting less and working the soil more. We did get 11 fruit trees, 13 blueberries and 6 raspberries in last Spring.

One major success: We planted 12 tiny little Mt. Hood strawberries. We now have about 50 and they are taking over the area between the Great Room and the patio. Doing a good job of blocking weeds. I think there will be a strawberry wheat this summer.

I'd like to but our soil sucks. eventually I'll get around to making raised beds, but there is no time for that right now. Too much crap to do around house and kids have their activities.

I really need to get some tomatoes and a few things in planters though. maybe on Sunday if I'm not hung over form the party. ha...

We have some raised beds and some in ground stuff. Some of our soil is OK, but some is like dry concrete mix lol. Raised beds definitely work well for those areas!

Back