Show us your Truubs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendavanza

Reaction score
I had the girls raise their shirts to show off the current lineup of brews.
Double IPA, AG guinness export clone (my first All grain)], and a Milk Stout.
If you don't do it now, I recommend using dark T shirts to keep your brews out of the light, they fit real nice and you can even slip the brew handle straps through the sleeves.
cheers
-Ben
truubs.jpg

Wow that is some trub. Jamo I think you only have about 3 gallons of actual beer in there.
My pic was 2 in secondary, and one in first day of fermentation.
II never used to do secondaries, but I am liking the additional clarity when racking to kegs.

Wow that is some trub. Jamo I think you only have about 3 gallons of actual beer in there.
My pic was 2 in secondary, and one in first day of fermentation.
II never used to do secondaries, but I am liking the additional clarity when racking to kegs.

I ended up with about 4.5 gallons in secondary. Primary was about 5.75 gallons. My autosiphon kept clogging from all the hops (7 oz) when transferring from the kettle, so I just dumped it into my carboy. That trub/cake is a heck of a lot more than just 7 oz of hops!! Highly flocculant yeast, batman!

I've stopped using secondaries as well, except for longer term agers like this one. This was a take on the October Beer in radical brewing. The pictures are from when I racked to secondary, approx 5 weeks after brewing. The cake blew me away at the time, so we had a little photo shoot. :rockin:

Back