Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

4xtreme

Active Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
1
Location
midwest
The grant allows me to gravity feed from the mash and then pump from the grant back over the mash .
 

4xtreme

Active Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
1
Location
midwest
I know this is not a great picture . I will get one in a day or so . ...if you drink enough beer this picture look right ....oh never mine I was passed out on the floor again

ForumRunner_20120313_073800.jpg
 

MangledMash

Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Canton
Thanks. If you go this route, plan on accounting for the loss of water in the plumbing. I lose about 1.5 gallons in the whole system. Not necessarily a problem because it is just water, but you don't want to come up short in your boil.
 

Islandboy85

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
892
Reaction score
46
Location
Dallas
MangledMash said:
Thanks. If you go this route, plan on accounting for the loss of water in the plumbing. I lose about 1.5 gallons in the whole system. Not necessarily a problem because it is just water, but you don't want to come up short in your boil.
I've already got about 10 feet of silicone hose and a pump, so I figure that shouldn't change much.
 

CrankyBeaverBrewery

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
255
Reaction score
2
Location
Abbotsford
Brew steel ( vendor on here ) is custome making my brew stand .... can't wait for it to get it.. just have to place the order... will have to get around to that real soon cause looking at these stands.. man do i want mine !!
 

Islandboy85

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
892
Reaction score
46
Location
Dallas
4xtreme said:
Some one wonted a picture of my rims set up here it is

<img src="https://www.homebrewtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52544"/>
Very nice.
 

bmickey

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
Location
NE Ohio
I started thinking about brew stands after looking at all these beauties! I decided this was something I was going to build myself and to start off with I wanted to build a 3 tier gravity fed system. Here it is!



image-1135434359.jpg
 

willeck2

Member
Joined
May 4, 2011
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
plattsburgh
It's not as fancy as some, but I just finished putting it together today and look forward to giving it a test run next weekend

image-845582812.jpg
 
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
2,301
Reaction score
360
Location
Home, where the beer is
I started thinking about brew stands after looking at all these beauties! I decided this was something I was going to build myself and to start off with I wanted to build a 3 tier gravity fed system. Here it is!

Dude, that thing will support a truck. Mine only uses 2x4s for the uprights, and it's sturdy as it is.

As a side note, you might want to get some heat shielding under the burners. I used aluminum diamond plate because the wood under the top burner started to turn brown. My lower burner is freestanding.
 

bmickey

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
Location
NE Ohio
homebeerbrewer said:
Dude, that thing will support a truck. Mine only uses 2x4s for the uprights, and it's sturdy as it is.

As a side note, you might want to get some heat shielding under the burners. I used aluminum diamond plate because the wood under the top burner started to turn brown. My lower burner is freestanding.
Yes it is quite sturdy! I have it on casters though so it is still easy to move around! Thought about adding some heat shields like you mentioned, we'll see.
 

FSR402

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
May 30, 2007
Messages
2,808
Reaction score
30
Location
Jenison, MI
Well I have taken mine apart and put back together 3 times now. I posted the original setup here so I figured I would post the newest setup.
Here it is setup for the brew day yesterday.

30 gal HLT, 55 gal MLT, and 55 gal Kettle.
In front of it is my brewhemoth (22 gal) and my 35 gal conicals ready to be filled.

428350_10150758246118689_666868688_11529483_924271668_n.jpg
 

Rivenin

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2010
Messages
3,258
Reaction score
341
spent yesterday making this. sorry for the light glare!



if i was going to be enjoying st pattys day without being trashed... may as well have built something for my brewing :D

and that brings me to, 1000 posts!
 

tulsabrewdaddy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
166
Reaction score
2
Location
Tulsa
Upgraded to single tier natural gas. Just did a test run and everything seemed to run smooth, first batch next weekend!

image-4129472811.jpg
 

bmickey

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
Location
NE Ohio
FSR402 said:
Well I have taken mine apart and put back together 3 times now. I posted the original setup here so I figured I would post the newest setup.
Here it is setup for the brew day yesterday.

30 gal HLT, 55 gal MLT, and 55 gal Kettle.
In front of it is my brewhemoth (22 gal) and my 35 gal conicals ready to be filled.
Nice, how many people are you brewing for?
 
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
652
Reaction score
45
Location
Tacoma, WA
Well I have taken mine apart and put back together 3 times now. I posted the original setup here so I figured I would post the newest setup.
Here it is setup for the brew day yesterday.

30 gal HLT, 55 gal MLT, and 55 gal Kettle.
In front of it is my brewhemoth (22 gal) and my 35 gal conicals ready to be filled.
very nice, it that a SS Drum you are using for MLT and BK? what are you using to heat them?
 
Top