Show us your Ride

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't going to double post, but since the 'stang turnout here has been so good I thought I'd add my functioning rides.

2008 Mustang GT: Roush bumper cover and Roush cold air kit. It's mostly a daily but I've got the full Roush suspension kit waiting in the wings.
2008Mustang-1.jpg

1970 Torino GT Convertible: I bought it when I was 17 and nursed it back to heath. In the process I added a bored big block (429), C6 auto, 9" open, hideaway headlights. It's a fantastic cruising vehicle.
BashattheBeach2007-42.jpg

Cool Torino. Love old cars

just take it easy on the transmission... ;)

EDIT: also never ever ever use the launch control. it voids your warranty immediately

When I read that I said man, that sounds like a class action suit waiting to happen, a bone stock mode of the car being used to void the warranty. Sure enough it is...Apparently people that can buy a six figure car don't take it up the rear on a 20k transmission :)

Ah yes, misinformation.

The LC has been revised on the 2010 model and is covered by the warranty, which is why I didn't get a 2009. The LC did not "void" the warranty, turning off the VDC could void your warranty.

The new LC, has been tested by Motor Trend, and yielded a 3.3 0-60. However, the GT-R is a circuit vehicle, not a "stop light" king. Even though it will roast anything in it's price range.

GT-Rs are 83K for the premium model, they are far from six figures.

I am a Admin on a GT-R board, so I do know what I am talking about. I have driven 2009s, I have witnessed a transmission blow after 100+ launches on a GTR w/ 600+ awhp, and I have heard ALL the rumors.

Thanks for the concern, but the new 2010 GT-Rs are much improved over the 2009s.

Ah yes, misinformation.

The LC has been revised on the 2010 model and is covered by the warranty, which is why I didn't get a 2009. The LC did not "void" the warranty, turning off the VDC could void your warranty.

The new LC, has been tested by Motor Trend, and yielded a 3.3 0-60. However, the GT-R is a circuit vehicle, not a "stop light" king. Even though it will roast anything in it's price range.

GT-Rs are 83K for the premium model, they are far from six figures.

I am a Admin on a GT-R board, so I do know what I am talking about. I have driven 2009s, I have witnessed a transmission blow after 100+ launches on a GTR w/ 600+ awhp, and I have heard ALL the rumors.

Thanks for the concern, but the new 2010 GT-Rs are much improved over the 2009s.

I didn't know they revised the warranty for the 2010. :eek:

but from what I understand with the 09's the only way to use launch control was to turn off the VDC. . . so i guess we're just splitting hairs here. ;)

anyway, you'll HAVE to post pictures of that beast when it's delivered.

I didn't know they revised the warranty for the 2010. :eek:

but from what I understand with the 09's the only way to use launch control was to turn off the VDC. . . so i guess we're just splitting hairs here. ;)

anyway, you'll HAVE to post pictures of that beast when it's delivered.

The warranty is the same, the LC has been revised to where you don't turn off the VDC, which is where the warranty issues come into play. However, I know a bunch of guys with 09s who have launched theirs 4-5 times, and the dealership picked up nothing on the inspection.

The cars suspension has been further refined, and the LC can be engaged at any time in any driving mode.

You just put your foot on the brake and floor it, the car revs to 3500, and then you lift off the brake.

The warranty is the same, the LC has been revised to where you don't turn off the VDC, which is where the warranty issues come into play. However, I know a bunch of guys with 09s who have launched theirs 4-5 times, and the dealership picked up nothing on the inspection.

The cars suspension has been further refined, and the LC can be engaged at any time in any driving mode.

You just put your foot on the brake and floor it, the car revs to 3500, and then you lift off the brake.

you'll have a fun car that's for sure. i always kind of suspected the tranny thing was more of an abuse/over use issue. you just dont launch AWD cars.(at least not on the pavement. ;) )

I've got 50k on my WRX (also notorious for their glass transmissions) and I've yet to have a single problem with the gear box.

I keep waiting for someone to post a pic of their girlfriend/wife/husband/significant other.

I have done it several times on my myspace and facebook pages, and some people who dig my music know who i am but i dont think it's proper to do that in here yet.

As for the car thing, i only own two truly basic line cars and the only thing i ask out of them is to get me and familly from Point A to point B in a safe and reliable manner, speed is not something i consider within a car features.

Being 42 with young kids makes one look at cars from a slightly different angle.

I was digging through pictures and I am not sure how I managed this...purely accident. All my rides all in one photo...well... save for a lawn tractor and the wifes car

2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50
2001 Honda Foreman ES

DSC00995.JPG

08 Corvette coupe
09 HD Road Glide
99 2500 Silverado

beer059.jpg

HD001.jpg

DSCN1887.jpg

Playtime for the vette at Summit Point WV.

10-19016.jpg

heres mine a work in progress still. customizing a 92' suzuki gsx600
before new paint
bike.jpg

after paint and some fairing work
09-07-08_2241.jpg

Here is my new ride:

9-3Aero.jpg

'06 SAAB Aero SportCombi

Cellphone pic and it hadn't been detailed, plus it still has the winter wheels on, but I just got her and its a real fun car!

my jeep 6 inch lift 31 inch tires( too small i kno) other odds and ends, rear ended :(
bigjeepatcliffs.jpg

it's replacement the jetta (fun to have a car i can take a turn over 30 in!)
n518406248_1060748_3599.jpg

Back