Show us your Ride

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvervan83

Reaction score
I'll start.

CIMG1784.jpg

I take it you guys trade beer for oil. LOTS of Beer!

Mines got a pair of carbon handlebars, ti frame, 20 speeds and gets me into the city center twice as fast as anything with an engine. Also no beer belly to worry about.

I carry 4-6k pounds of floor covering materials in the back of my rig. I doubt I (or anyone) could strap that to carbon handlebars.

Yea I will go ahead and be the first person to post a pic of super normal ride that does not go fast, fly, or climb mountains....
05_Civic_Hybrid_14.jpg

This isn't my 05 Honda Civic Hybrid, but mine looks identical. It may not go super fast, fly, or be able to climb over a mountain, but it gets damn good mileage! I honestly cant remember when I got gas last. If I had to guess maybe ~2 weeks ago, and I still have 1/2 tank, and I drive roughly 50 miles roundtrip to work 3 to 4 days a week.

I get about, well, 1.2 gallons PER MILE. Glad some of you travel in fuel efficient vehicles to offset my carbon footprint! My car is a 1992 Toyota Celica, but I only drive about 600 miles/year.

EMB175.jpg

Yea but that plane is not 'yours.' If I really wanted to I could drive my car to Chile. You couldnt just show up at the airport and be like, "Im flying this plane to Chile because I feel like it."

Yea but that plane is not 'yours.' If I really wanted to I could drive my car to Chile. You couldnt just show up at the airport and be like, "Im flying this plane to Chile because I feel like it."

Boohoo, you are right. It doesnt fit my no debt philosophy... which is why I DO own a 1992 Celica.

A jeep is my next car. I had a 92 YJ that was a blast. We use to find all kinds of spots to tear through and my 4 cyl jeep performed pretty well. I then got a 04 TJ but was too scared to do anything with it. Then Katrina hit and I was going broke spending money on gas so I got the hybrid. When i had the YJ I bought a set of 30" mud tires at pepboys. Like 5 years later I went back to get a safety inspection on my hybrid and when I went in they guy asked for my phone number and he said "92 wrangler, right?" No, 05 Civic Hybrid I replied and then he says "You went from a Jeep to a Civic hybrid?" That guy was an avid jeeper as I remembered he sold his rig to my buddy. I lost a good portion of my man-card that day :(

Ehhhh, I cant do the motorcycle thing. It would be totally bad ass if I had the balls to ride one but if some idiot on a cellphone hits you then you are pretty much screwed.

Yup - it is two totally different styles of getting around. In a car you can afford to look at the sights, talk to the passengers, etc... In a bike you have to be 110% devoted to your surroundings.

my current daily driver/weekend speed machine.
P1030041.jpg

P1030045.jpg

P1030050.jpg

no i did drive it slowly for the first 500 miles.
P1030059.jpg

thinking about getting a new hunting car, i think a 60-70's VW 181 but dont know for sure yet.

I do miss my old VW Golf, it was fun and got decent mpg, but no damn power, i wish i could get the vw181 with a diesel, as seen from a rental shot here.

golf180kmph.jpg

'95 Jeep Cherokee with 4.5" lift. Unfortunately I cannot afford new tires so it still looks little. The driver's side is dented up a bit now since I rolled it.
IMG_0035.jpg

'95 Jeep Cherokee with 4.5" lift. Unfortunately I cannot afford new tires so it still looks little. The driver's side is dented up a bit now since I rolled it.
IMG_0035.jpg

Dude, I used to live there. Back in the duplexes by the water tower... yeah, I was one of the first to move into those when they were new. Just a short walk to the Shepherd Bar!

Dude, I used to live there. Back in the duplexes by the water tower... yeah, I was one of the first to move into those when they were new. Just a short walk to the Shepherd Bar!

that picture was actually taken in Sault Ste Marie. Right now I live on the corner of lincoln and pleasant valley a few miles out of town.

well,there are 5 rides...

this will be the best!
DSCN1004.jpg

this one drives right now..

DSCN1010.jpg

then the 06 f150, and the 01 rodeo, AND THE 94 BRONCO...

finally, a pic of a wee bit of snow on the bronco and stang..

DSCN1211.jpg

well,there are 5 rides...

this will be the best!

this one drives right now..

then the 06 f150, and the 01 rodeo, AND THE 94 BRONCO...

finally, a pic of a wee bit of snow on the bronco and stang..

Very nice - I just sold my 89 5.0 5spd convertible. I miss it :(

Some nice rides in here!! Loving the fox body mustangs. I would love to pick up either an 89 or 93 someday to build up.

For now, though, my daily driver and pride and joy is my 2005 Mustang GT. I haven't done much to it. Mostly because of money. I installed a cold air intake and had it retuned (Dagomar, I highly recommend you look into this mod - it'll give you 20-30 HP for not much money), MAC axle-backs, honeycomb decklid and windows tinted.

I'm going to give my first effort at posting pics:

mustang.jpg

Claybar2.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

Nice Johnny! All we need is 1-2 more cars and we could call for a brewday/car meet, lol.

I wasn't going to double post, but since the 'stang turnout here has been so good I thought I'd add my functioning rides.

2008 Mustang GT: Roush bumper cover and Roush cold air kit. It's mostly a daily but I've got the full Roush suspension kit waiting in the wings.
2008Mustang-1.jpg

1970 Torino GT Convertible: I bought it when I was 17 and nursed it back to heath. In the process I added a bored big block (429), C6 auto, 9" open, hideaway headlights. It's a fantastic cruising vehicle.
BashattheBeach2007-42.jpg

Back