Show us your Ride

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Parker36

Reaction score
Do you go around offering candy to little kids in that things;)

OP
silvervan83

silvervan83

Reaction score
Excuse me little girl, I'll give you some candy if you help me zip up this clown suit.

jaja

Reaction score
I take it you guys trade beer for oil. LOTS of Beer!

Mines got a pair of carbon handlebars, ti frame, 20 speeds and gets me into the city center twice as fast as anything with an engine. Also no beer belly to worry about.

OP
silvervan83

silvervan83

Reaction score
I carry 4-6k pounds of floor covering materials in the back of my rig. I doubt I (or anyone) could strap that to carbon handlebars.

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
Yea I will go ahead and be the first person to post a pic of super normal ride that does not go fast, fly, or climb mountains....

This isn't my 05 Honda Civic Hybrid, but mine looks identical. It may not go super fast, fly, or be able to climb over a mountain, but it gets damn good mileage! I honestly cant remember when I got gas last. If I had to guess maybe ~2 weeks ago, and I still have 1/2 tank, and I drive roughly 50 miles roundtrip to work 3 to 4 days a week.

Jonnio

Reaction score
I also get 50+ MPG :)

not when its raining though

The Pol

Reaction score
I get about, well, 1.2 gallons PER MILE. Glad some of you travel in fuel efficient vehicles to offset my carbon footprint! My car is a 1992 Toyota Celica, but I only drive about 600 miles/year.

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
Yea but that plane is not 'yours.' If I really wanted to I could drive my car to Chile. You couldnt just show up at the airport and be like, "Im flying this plane to Chile because I feel like it."

The Pol

Reaction score
Yea but that plane is not 'yours.' If I really wanted to I could drive my car to Chile. You couldnt just show up at the airport and be like, "Im flying this plane to Chile because I feel like it."
Boohoo, you are right. It doesnt fit my no debt philosophy... which is why I DO own a 1992 Celica.

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
A jeep is my next car. I had a 92 YJ that was a blast. We use to find all kinds of spots to tear through and my 4 cyl jeep performed pretty well. I then got a 04 TJ but was too scared to do anything with it. Then Katrina hit and I was going broke spending money on gas so I got the hybrid. When i had the YJ I bought a set of 30" mud tires at pepboys. Like 5 years later I went back to get a safety inspection on my hybrid and when I went in they guy asked for my phone number and he said "92 wrangler, right?" No, 05 Civic Hybrid I replied and then he says "You went from a Jeep to a Civic hybrid?" That guy was an avid jeeper as I remembered he sold his rig to my buddy. I lost a good portion of my man-card that day :(

Jonnio

Reaction score
Ehhhh, I cant do the motorcycle thing. It would be totally bad ass if I had the balls to ride one but if some idiot on a cellphone hits you then you are pretty much screwed.
Yup - it is two totally different styles of getting around. In a car you can afford to look at the sights, talk to the passengers, etc... In a bike you have to be 110% devoted to your surroundings.

dagamore

Reaction score
my current daily driver/weekend speed machine.

no i did drive it slowly for the first 500 miles.

thinking about getting a new hunting car, i think a 60-70's VW 181 but dont know for sure yet.

dagamore

Reaction score
I do miss my old VW Golf, it was fun and got decent mpg, but no damn power, i wish i could get the vw181 with a diesel, as seen from a rental shot here.

no1likesme

Reaction score
'95 Jeep Cherokee with 4.5" lift. Unfortunately I cannot afford new tires so it still looks little. The driver's side is dented up a bit now since I rolled it.

The Pol

Reaction score
'95 Jeep Cherokee with 4.5" lift. Unfortunately I cannot afford new tires so it still looks little. The driver's side is dented up a bit now since I rolled it.
Dude, I used to live there. Back in the duplexes by the water tower... yeah, I was one of the first to move into those when they were new. Just a short walk to the Shepherd Bar!

no1likesme

Reaction score
Dude, I used to live there. Back in the duplexes by the water tower... yeah, I was one of the first to move into those when they were new. Just a short walk to the Shepherd Bar!
that picture was actually taken in Sault Ste Marie. Right now I live on the corner of lincoln and pleasant valley a few miles out of town.

nosmatt

Reaction score
well,there are 5 rides...

this will be the best!

this one drives right now..

then the 06 f150, and the 01 rodeo, AND THE 94 BRONCO...

finally, a pic of a wee bit of snow on the bronco and stang..

Jonnio

Reaction score
well,there are 5 rides...

this will be the best!

this one drives right now..

then the 06 f150, and the 01 rodeo, AND THE 94 BRONCO...

finally, a pic of a wee bit of snow on the bronco and stang..
Very nice - I just sold my 89 5.0 5spd convertible. I miss it :(

JohnnyO

Reaction score
Some nice rides in here!! Loving the fox body mustangs. I would love to pick up either an 89 or 93 someday to build up.

For now, though, my daily driver and pride and joy is my 2005 Mustang GT. I haven't done much to it. Mostly because of money. I installed a cold air intake and had it retuned (Dagomar, I highly recommend you look into this mod - it'll give you 20-30 HP for not much money), MAC axle-backs, honeycomb decklid and windows tinted.

I'm going to give my first effort at posting pics:

Joe C

Reaction score
Nice Johnny! All we need is 1-2 more cars and we could call for a brewday/car meet, lol.

GearBeer

Reaction score
I wasn't going to double post, but since the 'stang turnout here has been so good I thought I'd add my functioning rides.

2008 Mustang GT: Roush bumper cover and Roush cold air kit. It's mostly a daily but I've got the full Roush suspension kit waiting in the wings.

1970 Torino GT Convertible: I bought it when I was 17 and nursed it back to heath. In the process I added a bored big block (429), C6 auto, 9" open, hideaway headlights. It's a fantastic cruising vehicle.