show me your bars..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bar's in a multi-function basement with a home theater:

Kal_HT2008_13_resize.jpg

Kal_HT2008_10_resize.jpg

Kal_HT2008_11_resize.jpg

Kal_HT2008_12_resize.jpg

I take credit for everything other than the bar... I didn't built it. It was in the house when we moved in in 2000. It's solid panels of granite and isn't going to move any time soon. The only design issue (IMHO) is that the bar overhang isn't deep enough for people to sit at the bar comfortably.

The previous owner did make pretty intelligent use of the basement support posts without having to move them. They're hidden in the columns beside the bar.

Kal

Hey, Kal, if you ever need like a caretaker or janitor or something like that for your bar just let me know. I'll accept beer as payment and I have no problems sleeping on couches (or in comfy-looking theater seats).

It appears he owns his own, high-end, home theater business. I suppose this is the kind of setup someone in that field would have.
Sort of. But my home theater setup came first (it's all DIY so I saved a lot) and then I offered to become the webmaster for the guy that I bought my projector from (I built him a site, he upgraded me to a better projector). I don't actually run the business myself. I'm just the website tech/marketing/forum admin guy but I do know a lot about HT too I suppose. ;)

Thanks for the compliments guys. More home theater pictures and DIY instructions here if you're curious. I tried to focus on bar pics above.

The previous home owner did a great job on the bar I think. It just needed some taps. :)

Kal

Back