Show me your AG setup.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I want to eventually make the jump to All-Grain. It won't happen overnight, but it WILL happen. I just acquired 3 kegs to get myself started.

I tried to browse the user gallery, but that's a whole lot of pictures to sort through...although I did see a couple setups that made me drool.

Can you guys post your pictures of your "brewery" setup? I want to get some ideas and I need some inspiration.

I plan on having the whole setup on a single metal frame on wheels. Probably a single tier setup.

You see, I am venturing into new territory here. So point me in the right direction, or at least give me a nudge!:D

Thanks guys!

Look here at my photobucket site... I have alot of pics and videos of my setup and some brewing. I just built this rack system on wheels this year, it works great!!

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/PolTavern/?start=20&mediafilter=all

Those are 10 gallon coolers, through the wall digital therms, SS sparge arm, my new keggle is in there somewhere. My burner is 55k BTU and does a great job of boiling, yet it is really efficient once the boil starts. I have a fridge and a freezer with a Johnson Controls temp controller.

I just saw Scuba Steve's setup. Check it out if you haven't seen it. The stained wood really looks cool. I always imagined my setup being all metal, but the wood really has a nice look to it, and it'd be a lot cheaper than all of the metal.

I'm not sold on all wood just yet. I've aquired about 20 bedframes to use as much angle as I'd ever need. It's certainly not the best grade of steel but it ought to work OK. We'll see.

Check out lil Sparky's. WHEN I build mine (I've already talked to my boss about him welding it for me) thats deffinatly the style I'd go for.

Good luck

mine

3394-Cooksville038.jpg

jk

Jaybird said:
check my gallery its alot to do but well worth the time put into it
JJ

I really like this rig. First, I think we make the mistake thinking that it must go HLT, MLT, BK in that order because it's the process flow. However, it's so much easier putting the tipdump MLT on the end. I was wrestling with how NOT to tip my entire stand over when tipping a "middle mounted" MLT. Duh. thanks.

Have you done any kind of write up on your rig and brewing flow? It's pretty hard to see the intracacies of the plumbing etc. For instance, what made you decide to use a grant for your pump?

greenhornet said:
Check out lil Sparky's. WHEN I build mine (I've already talked to my boss about him welding it for me) thats deffinatly the style I'd go for.

Good luck

Thanks for the compliment. I think it's about the best cheap route for a DIY dedicated 3-tier stand. If I had more extra hobby money, I probably would've opted for a 1- or 2-tier setup using a pump. Still may decide to go that way some day. ;)

brew%20stand%20in%20action.jpg

more pics of brew stuff

AGBrewer,

I really dig that setup....great dimensions; simple but effective.
"Toight like a toiger!"

TalleyMonster-
The wood can definitely be done.;) It's an easy and cheap medium to work with, and I think it looks nice when you stain it. I used mine for the first time last night, and noted some bubbling/smoking on the inner rails...the solution: Don't crank the burners! The banjos provide MORE than enough heat on a low setting. :rockin: I'm probably going to build in fireproof wind/heat shields anyway just to increase my propane eff and to keep from getting hit in the face with heat waves/gases when leaning over the keggles.

If you have questions, send 'em my way.

AGBrewer said:
sophiawinford.jpg

Heres my single tier, been brewed on once

Just out of curiosity, are your ball valves rated for gas, and what kind of flame control do they provide? BTW, I like how you plumbed the propane with the hoses in "reverse" fashion. I wish I would have thought of that when I did my rig...I stared at it for hours and the thought never occurred to me :p

AGBrewer said:
sophiawinford.jpg

Heres my single tier, been brewed on once

Did you build that base? How was it working with one pump and the disconnects? Seems like a great idea, other 1-tier setups seemed to have two pumps, but maybe that was my assumption (details are often hard to see here).

Jeff

Lil' Sparky said:
Thanks for the compliment. I think it's about the best cheap route for a DIY dedicated 3-tier stand. If I had more extra hobby money, I probably would've opted for a 1- or 2-tier setup using a pump. Still may decide to go that way some day. ;)

brew%20stand%20in%20action.jpg

more pics of brew stuff

If you build a new stand let me know!

Hey think you could get anymore cheap scrap metal?:D

Bobby_M said:
I'm not sold on all wood just yet. I've aquired about 20 bedframes to use as much angle as I'd ever need. It's certainly not the best grade of steel but it ought to work OK. We'll see.

I have to agree with you on this one Bobby. I curious about the long term viability of wood. But it is nice looking at least for now.

Bobby_M said:
I really like this rig. First, I think we make the mistake thinking that it must go HLT, MLT, BK in that order because it's the process flow. However, it's so much easier putting the tipdump MLT on the end. I was wrestling with how NOT to tip my entire stand over when tipping a "middle mounted" MLT. Duh. thanks.

Have you done any kind of write up on your rig and brewing flow? It's pretty hard to see the intracacies of the plumbing etc. For instance, what made you decide to use a grant for your pump?
No Bobbym I havent done a flow chart or anything like that. I would be happy to discuss it with you though. I chose the grant so I can have two batches going at the same time and also use it as a HOP BACK if so desired. I have the grant on a float switch so I can set it and forget it and still have a life while I brew ( not that I do BUT.... its nice to dream right) the grant system works really well for me but there are some things I would do differently now that I have quite a bit of time on the set up.
JJ

I have built a single tier single pump rig. I really like the single tier idea. My system is mostly hard plumbed. Just check out my web page and there is a schematic, the pics are out dated

Back