Shout out to Toms Brew Shop - Lakewood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slcdawg

Reaction score
I wanted to give a shout out to Tom's Brew shop in Lakewood. After switching jobs from Boulder to Denver I had to find a new brew shop. I tried Barley Haven - they have a great selection but are unreasonably spendy. $1.99 for 2-row is just ridiculous.

Per the recommendation of one of my neighbors I checked out Tom's. They also have a great selection and prices are pretty similar to what you get online. To give you an idea, $4.50 for S04, $2/oz Chinook, $40 for a 50lb sack of 2-row. They also fill and do exchanges on CO2 tanks.

Anyways...Not affiliated with them whatsoever, but glad I found them!

:mug:

Second! I started out at barleyhaven but also realized they are super expensive compared to Tom's, once I found Tom's that is.

but I still go to barleyhaven if I need the odd malt, as they have almost everything.

Check out tom's full bulk grain list, those prices are awesome and consistently like $20 a bag cheaper than barleyhaven.

If you get a chance check out Quirky Homebrew Supply. Their selection / inventory will blow you away. They have close to 200 different grains and there prices are generally internet competitive.

Never tried Toms - where are they located?

I used to go to Barley Haven and thought they were a little high as well. I don't know of any others that are close to Lakewood. I was actually trying to find something downtown for the longest time before I moved. Everything was at least 20 mins away in every way (north/south/east/west) from lodo

Discovered Tom several years ago when looking for Corny kegs. For anything that involves a keg; whether it be parts, gadgets for fermenting, dry hopping, lagering, storing long term, or just plain serving out of them...he's the guy I go to.

Glad to see Tom has expanded into a full service brew shop. Looking forward to spending a gift certificate there on my next visit :ban:

We appreciate any comments and suggestions. In the last year we doubled our size to 3,600 sq ft, all new lighting, bugger and better shelving, 4 coolers and huge increase in inventory. Approaching 200 malts,with 430 styles & types available , 200 yeasts, hops in bulk and 1oz packaging. We vacuum pack all hops in mylar light proof bags for the freshest flavors. All malts in air tight sealed bins. Pallets of the best tasting 2 row base from Malteurop at only $39.95 for a 50lb bag. Shelfs full of spices, extracts and flavorings. Even have our own Hop Garden growing out back with 5 types of hops started. Come in and find the best prices we can provide. We are competitive to even the biggest online retailers. Hundreds of used corny kegs on hand at all times. New 3 & 5 gallon kegs in stock every day. Everything needed for Wine making and Cheesemaking now in stock. Wine Expert kits on hand, plus the new one gallon kits. If you ask we respond. It's all about your experience and we work hard to make it as pleasant as possible.

We appreciate any comments and suggestions. In the last year we doubled our size to 3,600 sq ft, all new lighting, bugger and better shelving, 4 coolers and huge increase in inventory. Approaching 200 malts,with 430 styles & types available , 200 yeasts, hops in bulk and 1oz packaging. We vacuum pack all hops in mylar light proof bags for the freshest flavors. All malts in air tight sealed bins. Pallets of the best tasting 2 row base from Malteurop at only $39.95 for a 50lb bag. Shelfs full of spices, extracts and flavorings. Even have our own Hop Garden growing out back with 5 types of hops started. Come in and find the best prices we can provide. We are competitive to even the biggest online retailers. Hundreds of used corny kegs on hand at all times. New 3 & 5 gallon kegs in stock every day. Everything needed for Wine making and Cheesemaking now in stock. Wine Expert kits on hand, plus the new one gallon kits. If you ask we respond. It's all about your experience and we work hard to make it as pleasant as possible.

I love the changes you guys have made and I love your prices on bulk grain bags!

I would love it if you could get some of the local yeast on-hand from Denver based Inland Island Brewing and consulting. Getting a vial of yeast from INIBC is the only reason I got to barleyhaven anymore. They have 200B cells/vial and have some really really great strains. Plus Matt from INIBC is super helpful and has advised me (just a modest homebrewer) on strains and brews multiple times via email. Plus who doesn't want to buy local from such a great company?!

highalt,you got any real info to back that up apart from some random site?
Your account stinks of an advertising account for a rival shop,but that accusation is serious and blackening someone's name like that is very despicable unless absolutely 100% accurate.

we have carries Inland Island for quite some time now. Stop in and check it out.

Back