should i shake the bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benharper13

Reaction score
I'm re pitching yeast should I agitate the bucket first? I screwed up and the batch has b3en sitting two days

No. I wouldn't shake the bucket. Just in case the first yeast really did do something, and fermentation began.

Rehydrate the dry yeast in water according to package directions, and then add it to your fermenter.

I don't think you should be re-pitching. Someone more experienced will chime in I'm sure, but I'd let it sit a few more days before I would do anything about it. Most likely (like 95% likely), it's fine.

What kind of beer are you making and what kind of yeast did you use?

I don't think you should be re-pitching. Someone more experienced will chime in I'm sure, but I'd let it sit a few more days before I would do anything about it. Most likely (like 95% likely), it's fine.

What kind of beer are you making and what kind of yeast did you use?

You would have to read his other post but most assuredly, he has to re-pitch. ;)

I know you're new here but you have to give more info for help. What temp was the yeast pitched at? what kind of yeast? recipe? etc?

Also if you aerated already, there's no reason to aerate again.

Was I suppose to know that through this thread? I even took a few minutes to read his other posts and didnt catch that.

Either way I hope he pitched by now, regardless of shaking.

Sorry guys I did repitch. Yea I messed up on first try so its repitched now. How long do you guys think it will take to start now? Two days or so?

No worries guys I won't freak out this time I have two batches going I can't screw them both up right :).I think the second batch is good for sure its a brown nut ale

Just finished my second batch both in my primary I may spontaneously combust when they start fermentation

Back