should i re pitch or not

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brentk14

Reaction score
I have an amber that should have gotten to 1.013 and its at 1.02-1.019. I had it in the primary for 2 weeks and then put it in the 2ndary. Could I repitch in the 2ndary or am I now left with a 1.019 brew?

I like my ambers a little sweet, I shoot for 1.017 so I would call it good . Transfer and let it clear! I wouldn't repitch, just rouse the fermenter.

Well I had already put it in the secondary. It still tastes good though. I am dry hopping it now, How long do you guys recommend dry hopping before kegging?

P.S. I have thought about tossing it into a keg and dry hopping it more in the keg. will that be ok or will the aroma get out of control?

Brentk14 said:
Well I had already put it in the secondary. It still tastes good though. I am dry hopping it now, How long do you guys recommend dry hopping before kegging?

P.S. I have thought about tossing it into a keg and dry hopping it more in the keg. will that be ok or will the aroma get out of control?

I always go 2 weeks for my dryhops. If you plan to drink this keg fast I would not waste the extra hops on the keg. If you know it's going to sit around for a year then yes I would add some to the keg.

Brentk14 said:
I usually dry-hop for a week. Though I bottle rather than keg - no idea whether that makes a difference.

Back