Should I Keg it now...or wait

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Sherpa FE

The < 1% Club
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
815
Reaction score
19
Location
Blairsville
I secondaried a Dunkel Weizen 10 days ago, and the gravity is at 1.018.
It started at 1.059, should I go ahead and keg it, and get ready to serve it? or let it go?
Thanks
Josh
 
OP
Sherpa FE

Sherpa FE

The < 1% Club
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
815
Reaction score
19
Location
Blairsville
Due to the overwhelming amount of replies....I decided to let it go longer.
 

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
33,312
Reaction score
5,711
Location
Reed City, MI
Letting it sit a few more days won't hurt anything. 10 days ought to be enough, but some yeasts and some recipes may take longer to finish.

Also, Extract brews are renown for finishing high for whatever reason. If this is an extract brew, you might not get the FG you expect. Take another reading in a few days and see if it's gone down any.

A Hefe I'd probably consider "done" in 2 weeks if the fermentation temp was TOO low (That can slow the yeast down and make your fermentation take a while longer.)
 
Top