Should i Cold Crash my Oktoberfest? [ale]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

efreem01

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've had my oktoberfest in the primary for three weeks so far. It took the Krausen this long to fall back into solution. I was going to bottle directly from the fermenter, but decided against it. The trub at the bottom looks like nothing i've ever seen before. Almost like Pellet Hops.

So I'm definitely transferring it to the secondary today. I have an empty fridge on the side porch (without a temp regulator), and i was wondering if it would be a good idea to put in the secondary for the last two weeks? I want a really clean beer after all is said and done. I'm going to force carb it in the keg, so yeast isn't really required anymore.

BTW, I linked to the recipe in my sig. I have a thermometer in the fridge now so i can see what Temp it holds at.

You could even crash cool in the primary if you'd like. Get rid of that crap before it even makes it to the keg. Works for me!

Back