Should I bottle this beer or just wait?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natural

Reaction score
Hey,

I just ordered two kegs and am building a kegerator. got everything I need except my kegs are in the mail. I'm hoping to get them by next friday if i'm lucky. I have the fridge ready to go as well.

Main question is I have two batches. Requiem raspberry hanging out in secondary. It was primary 7 days, secondary will be 7 days on monday. I have Edworts HPA also, which will have been in the primary for 10 days on tuesday.

Should I just wait to keg these when everything is set up? Hopefully by next friday/saturday? Or just bottle them? I can't see there being much of an issue. the raspberries would have been in the secondary for 13 days at that point. (first time racking onto fruit dont want any off flavors).

Should I rack the HPA into a secondary to get it off the yeast? It will have been in the primary for 15 days by the time I could keg it.

Thanks for the help!

Wait for the kegs unless you are talking a LOT longer than next Friday. I wouldn't be packaging these for another 7-14 days anyway. I am one of those that feel the yeast continue to clean up some after they ferment the beer to final gravity.

Plus if you keg then you will be able to enjoy them sooner than if you bottled them.

You do not have to put the HPA into secondary at all if you don't want to. Leaving it on the yeast is of no concern. That would only apply if you were leaving it on the yeast cake for many months.

Wait for the kegs unless you are talking a LOT longer than next Friday. I wouldn't be packaging these for another 7-14 days anyway. I am one of those that feel the yeast continue to clean up some after they ferment the beer to final gravity.

Plus if you keg then you will be able to enjoy them sooner than if you bottled them.

You do not have to put the HPA into secondary at all if you don't want to. Leaving it on the yeast is of no concern. That would only apply if you were leaving it on the yeast cake for many months.

Great,

Thanks! The HPA is very cloudy. I wish I had used some finning agents when making it but that's alright. More time for the yeast to do their thing. I can see it getting clearer!

I would rack the HPA to secondary and leave the other alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back