Should I Be Worried (AHS Kit Question)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nianticcardplayer

Homebrewing Since 2009
Reaction score
Hello All;

Today I received my order from last Saturday from Austin Home Brew Supply. With my liquid yeast I ordered I included the cold packs liquid malt extract. Everything arrived packaged well and the yeast was in a nice sealed pack however the cold packs were not cold or frozen any more, and one of the liquid malt containers either leaked or it was so hot in transit that it boiled over. There were packing peanuts(foam) stuck to the container, and the yeast package was foggy on the inside I put my hops and grains into the freezer and yeast into the fridge.

I took a couple of pics of the sticky stuff on the one container. Has this happened to anyone before? I am wondering if the liquid malt extract has gone bad in some fashion any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

If in doubt make a starter the day before
I have used extract that had mold on it ,, it still made beer
I only use dry yeast and one time, it got to the rural mailbox a day early and was 100 F when my daughter brought in the next day ,,, it still worked fine
don't panic
pete

I made beer from extract that had mold on it already as well. The boiling process will kill anything that will be harmful to humans. RDWHAHB.

Thanks very much for the information I heard from AHS and weighed the container and it's still basically right at the 7 pounds so I am good nothing funky in container when I opened it either

Back