Should I add some fruit to this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brutus Brewer

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I brewed this Widmer Hefe Clone. The samples I've tasted so far have all been a bit more bitter than I care for and was thinking of adding some raspberries or peaches to a secondary for this brew. By doing this I'm hoping to add some residual sweetness and/or flavor to help mask the bitterness. Does this sound reasonable and if so how much fruit should I add?

what were the AA% of the hops you used? maybe give it a bit longer to mellow out. if I were going to fruit this I would go with the peaches, maybe 3.5 to 5 lb, I like peaches so I would be a little fruit forward with mine

what were the AA% of the hops you used? maybe give it a bit longer to mellow out. if I were going to fruit this I would go with the peaches, maybe 3.5 to 5 lb, I like peaches so I would be a little fruit forward with mine

The Millenium are 15.9 and the Warrior are 15.8.

I would go with peaches also. Raspberries tend to give a lot of tart flavors. If you can keg it, try putting the fruit into the keg and let it sit at room temp (70 F) for a day or two before putting in the fridge and carbing.

Good luck!

Back