Short Term Bottle Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JosephN

Reaction score
I have some 22oz botles that don't fit in my stackable milk create bottle storage containers in an upright position, like everyone has said to store them, but they will lay down on their side. Now these beers are ones I've brewed, and I don't plan on aging them for long, but rather make it easier for me to stack up all my creates in the very limited space that I have.

What do you all think about bottles storage on its side if its for 3 months or less?

???can u put the crates on the side so the bottles are still upright??? (Ie hobo bookshelf)

If you bottle from a keg, no problem

If you bottle from the carboy, its going to make pouring off the yeast cake in the bottle more difficult.

???can u put the crates on the side so the bottles are still upright??? (Ie hobo bookshelf)

I tried that but the creates are kind of cheap, Walmart school supply type creates. I don't want the bottles to have a chance of falling onto the floor, and they seemed to not be as stable as I would have liked setting that way.

If you bottle from a keg, no problem

If you bottle from the carboy, its going to make pouring off the yeast cake in the bottle more difficult.

I bottles from a bottling bucket, no keg yet, no space. Each bottle does have additional sediment in it, and I usually just pour that into my glass anyways. I figured that I would just turn them upright in the fridge and let them settle for the day if I wanted to limit adding the sedentary to my glass

I bottles from a bottling bucket, no keg yet, no space. Each bottle does have additional sediment in it, and I usually just pour that into my glass anyways. I figured that I would just turn them upright in the fridge and let them settle for the day if I wanted to limit adding the sedentary to my glass

Meh... this will get old real fast and part of the point to having bottles age is to get that real nice yeast cake at the bottom. I find when I disturb the beer from side to standing, it takes closer to 3-4 days to get the clarity I need before I serve the beer.

Perhaps your a candidate for another refrigerator ^_^

Man when I get out of this apartment and into whatever house my wife and I buy I'll have it hooked up. I'm probably going to go with a climate controlled area that has a large closet with shelves made for holding my whole beer stash. I'm gonna have a fridge/freezer for kegging (probably use the one I have now for kegging), and get a larger one for a fermentation chamber (one that will hold 4-5 6.5gal ferm buckets/carboys), and a small fridge to hold the yeast I harvest and hops.

Man when I get out of this apartment and into whatever house my wife and I buy I'll have it hooked up. I'm probably going to go with a climate controlled area that has a large closet with shelves made for holding my whole beer stash. I'm gonna have a fridge/freezer for kegging (probably use the one I have now for kegging), and get a larger one for a fermentation chamber (one that will hold 4-5 6.5gal ferm buckets/carboys), and a small fridge to hold the yeast I harvest and hops.

I'm there with you brotha. Most of my brewing dreams didn't come true until AFTER home ownership. :rockin: Keep the dream alive.

Back