Shopping sucks..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Every year I say that I'm going to spend less and every year I over do it..I can't think of anything I hate more than going to the malls at this time of year. Thanks goodness I work from home and I can go at odd times, but it still sucks. I swear next year, I will NOT spend like the year before. I'm glad I'm done.

I like my family, I might even say I love'em, but something has to give.

Merry Christmas everybody...

Feliz Navidad y'all! Just remember that Yahushua is the reason for the season. We give gifts in memory of his birth to show how we feel about our loved ones. :tank:

Every year I say that I'm going to spend less and every year I over do it..I can't think of anything I hate more than going to the malls at this time of year. Thanks goodness I work from home and I can go at odd times, but it still sucks. I swear next year, I will NOT spend like the year before. I'm glad I'm done.

I like my family, I might even say I love'em, but something has to give.

Merry Christmas everybody...

Pretty shure youll spend more next year...:smack: I didnt even bust out the credit card, but I did drain my bank account which wasnt "all that" and had to order a credit card to get me through till next payday 2 weeks away due to my work starting bi-weekly paychecks grrrrr!. :smack: Well that and thanks to having to buy 4 tires and new tie rods that put me under- that was my Christmas present this year- my old ass subaru shure rips through the snow now though.

I've never been one to get all weird and crazy at Christmas. I give tokens of love to my family, and that's about it. I spent $200 on my Christmas gifts this year, but it sure would be easy to overspend on my grandkids as they get older! I love buying things for them. I make gifts as well, like my homemade soaps and bath salts and things.

I got a good response for giving a brother in law my JAOM mead. He was like did you make this lablel? What is mead? Oh its like midevil drink? How did you cap this? Then started discussing the economics of making beer,aging mead and so on. He had a genuine interest in what it was. Turned out to be a great gift that was highly appreaciated for being a cheap ass and not really getting them anything else except leftovers of my wifes cheese dip he loves and only wanted as a Christmas gift origionally.

i hate shopping, but I like my basement (figures) and I'm reasonably competent with power tools. So, I made these for several family members on my list:

Holiday Homebrew Gift Boxes

My wife got the jewelry box she's wanted me to make for years. Giving is more fun when I don't have to wade through a crowd to buy some random thing just so I have something to give.

1387989585553.jpg

1387989597749.jpg

i hate shopping, but I like my basement (figures) and I'm reasonably competent with power tools. So, I made these for several family members on my list:

Holiday Homebrew Gift Boxes

My wife got the jewelry box she's wanted me to make for years. Giving is more fun when I don't have to wade through a crowd to buy some random thing just so I have something to give.

Those are great!

Latest posts

Back