Shoot 'Em Up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmulligan

Reaction score
See this movie. Seriously.

Over-the-top, action/comedy ridiculousness with Clive Owen (yum!) as hero, some sexy Italian chick as a prostitute/wet nurse, and Paul Giamatti as a bad guy.

Awesome. :mug:

See this movie. Seriously.

Over-the-top, action/comedy ridiculousness with Clive Owen (yum!) as hero, some sexy Italian chick as a prostitute/wet nurse, and Paul Giamatti as a bad guy.

Awesome. :mug:

Are you kidding. This was the worse movie I have ever seen, my friends and I could not even make it through 30 min of it.

Anyone else have a review? So far, there's one awesome one, and one awful one.

I haven't seen the movie, so I can't comment on it either way. What's so bad about it anyways, ryan?

Are you kidding. This was the worse movie I have ever seen, my friends and I could not even make it through 30 min of it.

Are YOU kidding??? This movie was extremely entertaining...but I admit it is very un-realistic. However, it's supposed to be a "shoot em up" movie(go figure); lots of shooting, blood, cheesy one liners, etc. And at that it succeeds...great movie if you can get past the whole "willful suspense of disbelief" thing.

The movie had every single action movie cliche, and I don't think they were trying to do it that way. I think they were trying to make an action movie and it just turned out ridiculous, and they went with it, they were not shooting for a comedy.

Waterboarding may or may not be 'torture,' but I am pretty sure watching "Shoot 'em Up" is. The title alone should have gave that one away.

Lesson learned: Giving anything "the benefit of the doubt" is a horrible horrible mistake.

That movie struck me like a project that started with copious amounts of beer being drank while a bunch of guys sat around and said 'wouldn't it be cool if...' or 'no--- even better, dude-- what if...' and the host of the party wrote down all the drunk's ideas and did it without bothering to edit out anything stupid or provide even the vaguest semblance of a story to tie the series of drunken thoughts together.

And like all drunken thoughts--- it was no where near as cool as it seemed at the time.

The movie had every single action movie cliche, and I don't think they were trying to do it that way.

That's EXACTLY what they were aiming for. C'mon, killing people with carrots? It's meant to be funny. The entire thing was based on gun-fighting sequences. The crazy plot was just something that had to come up with so they could actually call it a movie.

This isn't the kind of movie I watch everyday, but for a weeknight, with nothing better to do, it certainly entertained for an hour and a half, which is more than I can say for some movies that "strive" to be something deeper.

I give it two thumbs up for an enjoyable evening. Any movie where our hero can kill the bad guys with carrots has to be good. The gun fight scenes are out of this world.

Back