Shipping sample to Wards

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew703

Reaction score
Decided I would send a sample to Wards for analysis. Had a 16.9 oz water bottle to send. Would not fit in a small flat rate box and the post office would not accept as I had the top taped.
Found a little larger box to send it. Went to the post office and the total cost was $15. This isnt even priority. this is snail mail scheduled to arrive at Wards in 10 days.

Guess I will just stick to using spring, bottled drinking water or water from one of the machines.

How does everyone ship their items to wards?

Did you order the report yet? They sent me a box with a return envelope as part of my order. All I had to do was put the filled bottle back in the box it came in and slap the return label on it

Did you order the report yet? They sent me a box with a return envelope as part of my order. All I had to do was put the filled bottle back in the box it came in and slap the return label on it

No, only because the cost was over $40. Figured a small water bottle would fit in a small flat rate box.

You can send a smaller bottle and you can also use a USPS flat rate padded envelope. Ordering the shipping box from Ward is a waste of time.

Yeah which is the reason I didn't order the kit from Ward. Maybe a flat rate padded envelope would work. Just figured the USPS would not accept a bottle in a padded envelope.

I actually sent in a 4 oz sample and Ward was able to perform the analyses. However, I'd say that 8 oz is enough. The 16 oz sample is much larger than required and that cost more to ship.

On the wardlab's website I just ordered the brewer's report.

They took care of the rest.

Sent me the sample jar (small ~2-4 ox) and instructions and shipping label prepaid.

All I had to do was follow the instructions and pop the box in the mail.

Same box it arrived in, stick the shipping label on to it. No thinking involved.

Back