Shecky is in Detroit thsi weekend...come out Friday and get him druk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, due to the fact that Uconn is about to be fed to the lions...er I mean MSU, in the final four, our own Shecky is in the D.

It looks like Friday is the best night to get together.

I haven't firmed it up with him yet (I keep falling asleep in my office.) I was thinking just staying in the downtown core ...Detroit Brewing company, and maybe taking him to lafayette coney island to experience that place.

The problem is, that the last time he and I talked about it, he wasn't going to be free til 8ish...which is actually a problem for me, since it's too far for me to go home and come back after work.

Depending on traffic it take me between 1 hour to 1.5 to get home, so it is stupid for me to drive home and drive back in.

I was thinking who ever can meet Downtown around 5 or 5:30 ish hook up, could hook up with me for a couple hours...we coul either make the rounds of the outdorr stages and stuff, or just grab a table at the Detroit city brewing company. and camp out.

Then I would have Shecky call me, and I'd either run up to the Rencen to get him, or just have him take the people mover to the closest stop to where we are and I would walk over to get him.

That way I'm not stuck sitting in my office til he calls, and I'm not wandering around all by my lonesome...(Yeah I'm pathetic)

SO let me know...if any of you guys/gals are interested, and can hook up with me between 5 and 6 PM me and I'll give you my phone number so we can firm it up...

I know it's short notice, but I've been too busy and tired breaking the record to be able to do this earlier....

But hey it's a chance to get shecksier by being in his presence...that should be worth something....

Oh you die hard sparky fans, should definitely wear your green....to drive him crazy!!!

:D

The druck version.

Hey...who wants to meet up in Downtown Motor City and hit some brew pubs Friday night?

We'll get hammered, then hook up with Shecky somehow.

Let's say 5 or 6? We'll work the rest out as it comes.

PM me and let's work something out.

:rockin::rockin::rockin:

I am going to be down in the D on Friday anyway, I may come out. I'm taking my daughter to see Sweeney Todd at the Fisher Theater. The show starts at 8pm. If I get done done early enough, I should be able to meet you guys.

d00d, did you just copy/paste that post into MMs? Lazy, lazy Revvy... :D

I'm going to be back home on Friday. Can we meet Saturday night so Shecky can drown his sorrows after my Spartans win?

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

The druck version.

Hey...who wants to meet up in Downtown Motor City and hit some brew pubs Friday night?

We'll get hammered, then hook up with Shecky somehow.

Let's say 5 or 6? We'll work the rest out as it comes.

PM me and let's work something out.

:rockin::rockin::rockin:

WTF? Are you in town, or picking on my rambling...I've averaged 4 hours sleep a night the last week....

d00d, did you just copy/paste that post into MMs? Lazy, lazy Revvy... :D

I'm going to be back home on Friday. Can we meet Saturday night so Shecky can drown his sorrows after my Spartans win?

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I've noticed that some of the mashers don't venture onto this side of the board, preferring to keep company with their own kind...

SO I figured I would just cover both bases....

But Sat. Won't work for me..I really don't plan on getting out of bed at all that day if I can help it. Aget pulling mostly 20 hour days between Thursday and Yesterday, I want to recharge my batteries.

So how's it looking Sheck, is the scandal intensifiying and you gonna be stuck all night writing tomorrow's front page?

Where'd you end up eating dinner?

Nah...

I always figure 64% of our "viewers" are on their third homebrew and wanted to condensify the message to drunk it down a bit.

See I'm so tired I thought you were saying you were in town too...I got all tingly (in a hetero way of course) at the thought of Bm and Shecy and myself on a night on the town...There wouldn't be a keg of good beer left the city.

:tank::mug:

So how's it looking Sheck, is the scandal intensifiying and you gonna be stuck all night writing tomorrow's front page?

Where'd you end up eating dinner?
I'll be good. Nothing dropped today. Trying to finish by 6. I'll let you know.

Ate at Sweetwater Tavern. I can't describe the magnitude of its suckiness.

I'll be good. Nothing dropped today. Trying to finish by 6. I'll let you know.

Ate at Sweetwater Tavern. I can't describe the magnitude of its suckiness.

See you guys shoulda taken my advice and gone to Greektown...I won't even eat at Sweetwater..If I recall correctly, it's just typical bar food.

Looks like Terrapin Chef is joining us.

This is where I think we should meet (or I'll come get you)

Detroit Beer Co. - Home

You can actuallly just take the people mover from the ren cen stop to the Broadway Stop and I could meet you. IIRC the stop is right by the bar.

The Detroit People Mover - Broadway

Terrapin Chef backed out, so it might just be you and me...but he emailed me and said that he heard some of the streets are going to be shut down...I'm assuming I'll be able to get into the area..

Lemme know what it's looking like....I may just go an wander around until you call me...I may try even to get to Hart plaza, which is next to the rencen, and have you call me.

Terrapin Chef backed out, so it might just be you and me...but he emailed me and said that he heard some of the streets are going to be shut down...I'm assuming I'll be able to get into the area..

Lemme know what it's looking like....I may just go an wander around until you call me...I may try even to get to Hart plaza, which is next to the rencen, and have you call me.
I guess I'm not very popular.:(;)

I'm looking at being done by 6. Then I have to go back to hotel and drop off my stuff. I'll call you when I'm leaving the arena.

I guess I'm not very popular.:(;)

I'm looking at being done by 6. Then I have to go back to hotel and drop off my stuff. I'll call you when I'm leaving the arena.

No it's not you...It's my fault actually. I should have been pumping this up a week ago so people cleared their schedules. I should have started the threads way sooner than last night. But you know, I've been a wee bit busy this past week...Hopefully I will be good enough company.

No it's not you...It's my fault actually. I should have been pumping this up a week ago so people cleared their schedules. I should have started the threads way sooner than last night. But you know, I've been a wee bit busy this past week...Hopefully I will be good enough company.
No problem, just busting stones. The fewer, the merrier, I always say.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the UConn media show up later, though. They've had their eyes on the Detroit Brewing Co. trip.:)

They'll have to be cellphone pics unless ed has a camera....I don't at work.

I'm going to hang here for a little bit longer....rocker chick just posted to my facebook, so I'm hoping she writes back...(god I sound fifteen.)

so keep with the plan of calling me.

Oh my god..I met Shecky..and nearly died...
Mr and mrs boondocks showed up and it was a fun night.

Now the almost died part

I was about 10 mile from home on the freeway when a deer jumped the road. I was in the left hand lane so I of course pulled the wheel to the left and ended up in the marsh between the east and west sides of the freeway.

I was lost as to what to do cars were passing me (I wasn't in the most visuallarea)

I wasn't 5 minutes in the muck before a tow truck notices me....he offers to pull m out for 100 cash or 200 called in on my credit card...of course I didn't at that point care either way. The funny thing is that the cops pull up just as the tow is pulling me out of the muck. And the cops says "well why didn't you call us?" Mt answer was simple, I never got a chance because the to truck pulled in behind me, not even 5 minutes later....

I asked the cop what the heck you do when you got a deer in that situation, and he said hit it...after I got pulled out the tow truck driver followed me to the nearest atm so I could get him the rest of the cash (I had like 40 on me) I asked him the same question, and his answer was to swerve and avoid it is you can. He said that the cop more than likely would have ended up with a bunch of meat to feed his family if I had nailed the dear....hence his answer.

I am just thankful to be alive...though my car is a mess...everything is physically fine with it, but it is covered in much.....

Oh yeah, btw...Shecky is just as cool as you think he would be....

Except for that whole nearly killing me with his shecky juju :D

I asked the cop what the heck you do when you got a deer in that situation, and he said hit it...after I got pulled out the tow truck driver followed me to the nearest atm so I could get him the rest of the cash (I had like 40 on me) I asked him the same question, and his answer was to swerve and avoid it is you can. He said that the cop more than likely would have ended up with a bunch of meat to feed his family if I had nailed the dear....hence his answer.

Well, the deer are bigger up there but not all struck deer are salvageable. Not a lot of time to decide, but I say hit what will create less damage. If it's Bambi or the guardrail, sorry Bambi. ;)

Glad you're ok. We hit one the other day at work too. Made one hell of a mess. :drunk:

Revvy, Glad you are in one piece. I'd hit the deer probably. Where I drive usually, I'd prolly be toast going up/down an embankment if I swerved. I drive on a 4 lane doing 75 mph.

So did both of you get blotto?

Stupid deer.
Just giant rodents if you ask me.

But tastier. :D

Glad you're okay.

That's No $hit. My neighbor hates how they mangle his evergreens during the winter.

He built a dwarf evergreen wall to block the sight of this hideous house only to find the deer eating away all of the branches. It so funny to hear him ***** about it all. I bet he has lost a small fortune in the last three years. His tree line is at least 150-200' long lined with side by side trees.

Back