Shaking my head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toilet Rocker

Reaction score
Hit the beer shop last night and spent my usual 45 mins noting every beer worth glancing at...some guy comes in and (reminiscent of the milk maid scene in Clerks) went through the fridge looking for a case of the freshest beer. Apparently he went to the University of Budweiser.

As for my purchases...it's nice to see Southampton 12-ouncing their double white, but at $8.25 a six pack? Flying Fish's Imperial Espresso Porter was very nice.

What a ******.

...at least someone is trying to rid the shelves of BMC. Unfortunately, they keep brewing more...thus keeping the supply quite "fresh."

I'm gonna start looking at the dates on import Trappist brews and intentionally buy the oldest one I can find just out of spite.

And when he grows up, he'll go to Brewfests and ask, "Are any of these beers, real four ingredient beers?" I asked, "Which four?"

I had the same reaction when I saw the Coors commercial where they claim to have won the "Best American Light Lager" award 5 years in a row. The fact there is a category for "light lagers" and Coors is winning it is proof enough that I never want to enter a beer competition.

People who are ignorant about beer tend to annoy me to no end, especially when they are bartenders. Two examples:

There's a local pub I'll stop in to have dinner and a beer on my way home from work. This particular pub has a beer list that they think is something to brag about. There are about 80 beers on the list, most of which are all the varients of BMC and then there's your foreign BMC equivelants like Molson and Lowenbrau. The remainder , which is probably 10 beers are usually never in stock. Out of these, the Hacker Pschorr Weisse beer is usually available; so that is my logical choice. Well, one day I order my Hacker Pschorr and then the waitress comes back to tell me that they are out of the Hacker Pschorr; but they have the Paulaner in stock. Hey, I like Paulaner Weisse as well; so I'll go with that. Next thing I know, she's bringing me a bottle of Paulaner Marzen. I politely explain to her that it's not the same type of beer and she relays the message to the bartender. In turn, he gives her hell and tells her that I don't know what I am talking about. Needless to say, I stopped going there after that.

The second incident was at a different bar, and again, I order a weisse beer. After taking four years of German in high school, I pronounced it "Vi-seh". The bartender looks at me puzzled and I repeated myself a second time and then a third time. Now the bartender looks at me and says, "Oh! You mean "weeeeeesss" beer!". I think I was ready to slap him after that.

Back