So i now have my very first batch in the primary and it is a classic English pale ale kit. I did everything i was supposed to as it said to do it. I did however drop the spoon into the wort but quickly sanitized a pair of tongs to retrieve the spoon and sanatized that before continuing. Siphoning took longer than i thought as i got some sediment in the hose and it clogged in the very beginning so i had to start the siphon again. Other than that everything went well except for when i took my starting gravity. The kit said it should be around 44 but when i took it the reading was only 32. i know this is a direct factor of the abv but i was wondering if i did something completely wrong to cause this or if i did something to the point where it is ruined! please advise! thanks so much!