SG readings of my Blueberry Muffin Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled my Blueberry Muffin Mead after adding more honey as a back sweetener. Came out a little cloudy and not as sweet as the wife wanted but it should be ok!

Will it become sweeter with age or more dry?
Thanks!
Art
Time changes all meads. A 6 month period makes a big difference in many.

That cloudiness.....was it clear before you backsweetened it?
If so, that would be a honey haze, which happens, (in my experience, more times than not) after backsweetening.

Over time the honey will come forward more, I find if it's almost as sweet as the wife likes I just give it another 6 months. Like Dan said, if it was clear before adding honey the haze will clear as it incorporates into the mead. Month or two at most and it should be clear again.

Time changes all meads. A 6 month period makes a big difference in many.

That cloudiness.....was it clear before you backsweetened it?
If so, that would be a honey haze, which happens, (in my experience, more times than not) after backsweetening.
Hey Dan…
Yes it was clear before I backsweetened it. I didn’t cold crash it or add chemicals. That was back in April. I’m learning mead is mead and sometimes is cloudy!

Over time the honey will come forward more, I find if it's almost as sweet as the wife likes I just give it another 6 months. Like Dan said, if it was clear before adding honey the haze will clear as it incorporates into the mead. Month or two at most and it should be clear again.
That’s good to know. Still new at this but its still fun making. It’s honey harvesting season! Time for more experiments!
Thanks,
Art

Back