SF Bay area welder for kettle tc ferrule

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

ksullivan86

Reaction score
I have a kettle I would like to have some tc ferrules welded on. I only want it done right so prior experience needed. If anyone can do this or knows someone who can please let me know. I'm will to drive around the bay a bit. I'm located in the East bay in San Ramon

OP
K

ksullivan86

Reaction score
Come up to Redding. Ill do them all while you enjoy all the killer Breweries in town :)
Cheers
Jay
I'm going to Chico for a nut festival maybe I'll drive the extra hour to redding. On a side note I like your shop, I have ordered a few item from you guys, good stuff. I know you do tc fitting attached to a mason jar lids. Hear is an idea weld ss hose barb to the top to attach a blow off hose and a hole for an air lock. Allows you to harvest top fermenting yeast that blowout in the jar and prevents blowouts and clogs by using a bigger blow off hose size (mattched to the barb) vs standard airlock. If that makes any sense.

Reaction score
I'm going to Chico for a nut festival maybe I'll drive the extra hour to redding. On a side note I like your shop, I have ordered a few item from you guys, good stuff. I know you do tc fitting attached to a mason jar lids. Hear is an idea weld ss hose barb to the top to attach a blow off hose and a hole for an air lock. Allows you to harvest top fermenting yeast that blowout in the jar and prevents blowouts and clogs by using a bigger blow off hose size (mattched to the barb) vs standard airlock. If that makes any sense.
https://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Krausen-Catcher-2-Nipples-Grommet.html

Its not a barbed but you don't really need a BARB for the hose to connect. Actually I think a straight wall work better. IMHO

If you do decide to come up this way please set it up with me first so I can make sure I am around to meet you and get it done for you.

Cheers
Jay

OP
K

ksullivan86

Reaction score
https://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Krausen-Catcher-2-Nipples-Grommet.html

Its not a barbed but you don't really need a BARB for the hose to connect. Actually I think a straight wall work better. IMHO

If you do decide to come up this way please set it up with me first so I can make sure I am around to meet you and get it done for you.

Cheers
Jay
I found someone a bit closer that seems capable. He said he could make 2 holes and attach 2 ferrules for $100. Seems reasonably priced but idk. He says he used to make sanitary welds for stainless baking equipment. If it he can't I'll let you know.

I really like the idea of using straight wall, I Think It would Be cleaner and it's a lot cheaper. I might try to silver solder something.

Thanks for the idea
Kevin

OP
K

ksullivan86

Reaction score

Cheers
Jay
I found someone a bit closer that seems capable. He said he could make 2 holes and attach 2 ferrules for $100. Seems reasonably priced but idk. He says he used to make sanitary welds for stainless baking equipment. If it he can't I'll let you know.

I really like the idea of using straight wall, I Think It would Be cleaner and it's a lot cheaper. I might try to silver solder something.

Thanks for the idea
Kevin