• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California SF Bay Area/East Bay/Tracy: Barley Crusher $25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdscole

Reaction score
Sold.

Attachments

• malt mill.jpg
    malt mill.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Barley Crusher.JPG
    Barley Crusher.JPG
    438.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Whoa! I think I bought your barley crusher earlier this evening! (It was also listed on Craig’s List.)

Thank you for the great deal on the crusher. I showed it off to my wife and kids when I returned home and told them all the story of the guy who had eight (or so) batches brewing simultaneously in and around his dedicated fermentation fridge. It was really cool to see your set up.

Is there an active East Bay brewing club?

Yes, you did. Love the screen name! DATA!
Yes the quantity was ridiculous - but I had Friday off and plenty of time for two batches. ( I brew 15-20 gallon batches.) It's cold enough to ferment perfectly just sitting in the garage these days.

Not aware of a club. If you make beer, they will come. Like moths to a flame.

My favorite equipment:
1. KAB4 burner. That thing is a flame thrower and saves me an hour per batch when heating 20 gallons of water.
2. Tilt Hydrometer: Super easy to check temperature and SG while uploading data to google sheets every 15 minutes. I have 1 per batch, not per fermenter. (total of 2) Lets me know when to cold crash a batch without worrying that it's incomplete. And I don't have to pull samples. It's a big time saver.
3. Fermonster 7 gallon fermenters. This is what I started with. then bought some fancy stainless steel units and the cheap fermonster carboys are easier and transparency is very convenient. The gaskets are a pain unless you know the trick.
4. Kegs. Bottling sucks.

Whoa! I think I bought your barley crusher earlier this evening! (It was also listed on Craig’s List.)

Thank you for the great deal on the crusher. I showed it off to my wife and kids when I returned home and told them all the story of the guy who had eight (or so) batches brewing simultaneously in and around his dedicated fermentation fridge. It was really cool to see your set up.

Is there an active East Bay brewing club?

@Positronic_Matrix i am a former East Bay Areaier... i know of a few club names... something like Delta Brewers in the Antioch/Brentwood area.
I highly suggest hitting up Beer Beer and More Beer (more beer) in concord. They will know of any clubs in the area.

@Positronic_Matrix i am a former East Bay Areaier... i know of a few club names... something like Delta Brewers in the Antioch/Brentwood area.
I highly suggest hitting up Beer Beer and More Beer (more beer) in concord. They will know of any clubs in the area.

I’ll be heading up there in a couple of weeks. I’ll be sure to inquire about clubs when I’m there. Thanks.

Back