SEWAGE Winter Brewin'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Short Drive

Brewer Baseball!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
cookiebags was our host. He owns a commercial cookie factory in the Milwaukee area.

The bakery brew room.
Picture14_052_copy.jpg

Bernie Brewer moving in.
Picture14_042_copy.jpg

cookiebags sweet set up. Note the hydraulic kettle lift.
Picture14_041_copy.jpg

sause doing a decoction, and Bernie checks his temps.
Picture14_048_copy.jpg

Mark (cookiebags) doughing in.
Picture14_043_copy.jpg

Doug (Bernie Brewer) stirring his mash.
Picture14_051_copy.jpg

Greg (sause) stirring his batch sparge.
Picture14_053_copy.jpg

Mark adjusting the mash temperature.
Picture14_045_copy.jpg

Wow- I love the pictures! What an awesome place to have a group brew. I wish I could have been there!

You guys all look like you had a great time. Al, where's the pictures of you brewing?

YooperBrew said:
Wow- I love the pictures! What an awesome place to have a group brew. I wish I could have been there!

You guys all look like you had a great time. Al, where's the pictures of you brewing?

The poor schlep had to go back to work, so he didn't brew, he just visited for a bit. It was a great (and druck) day!

Mark moving his keggle.
Picture14_050_copy.jpg

Picture in picture. Cookie ovens in the back ground.
Picture14_049_copy.jpg

Marks "borrowed" steam generator.
Picture14_044_copy.jpg

Doug with his built in bottle opener hat.
Picture14_047_copy.jpg

YooperBrew said:

I was only there for about 2 hours. It was a work day for me. So I had to play hookie for a while.

Al taking a picture of Doug taking a picture of Al taking a picture of Doug taking..........

IMG_0759.jpg

Another pic of Mark's sweet set-up.........

IMG_0760.jpg

Greg is just about ready to chill...........

IMG_0763.jpg

******* Doug forgot to close the valve on his kettle before starting his sparge.........

IMG_0761.jpg

Al watching over Doug's brewing process to make sure he doesn't screw up (to bad he left).

HPIM2440.JPG

Another pick of Marks brewing set up (with devil Mark standing by it).

HPIM2441.JPG

Mark moving Doug's boil kettle to the chilling area.

HPIM2442.JPG

Brewmeister Jeff said:
I just want you guys to know how jealous I am!!!

Cookiebaggs - would you be willing to open your shop up again for something like this? I will definitely be there the next go round!!

Jeff

I'd love to do another indoor group brew before spring! :mug:

I had an absolute blast. It was great putting some faces to the names on here. :D

It was fun to see how others go about brewing beer and what equipment/procedures they use.

Nice. I was wondering why there was Point and New Glarus paraphernalia in the pictures, but I noticed you're from Racine. Always good to meet another WI brewer.
: D

EinGutesBier said:
Nice. I was wondering why there was Point and New Glarus paraphernalia in the pictures, but I noticed you're from Racine. Always good to meet another WI brewer.
: D

Actually, Short Drive is the only one from Racine. Sause is in Menominee Falls, Cookiebags is in Oak Creek, and I am from Eldorado (a little hick town just west of FdL)

But yeah, always good to brew with the Cheeseheads!

Cookiebaggs said:
I'd love to do another indoor group brew before spring! :mug:

I had an absolute blast. It was great putting some faces to the names on here. :D

It was fun to see how others go about brewing beer and what equipment/procedures they use.

Oh, let me know and I'm there! I hope I can join you guys next time.

Thanks for the great pictures!

I hope to see you guys on Feb. 29- just for a night of drinking.

Back