Setting up Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dntw

Reaction score
Ive been brewing and bottling for years, however have recently scored a fridge . regulator and tap. Just curious if anyone can provide any further advise in setting up the fridge for kegging? Is it okay to drill and where, I have heard that if you drill in the wrong area you can destroy the fridge. Cheers

I haven't built one yet, but I am planning on it soon. Check out this thread

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=2009

Kegerator heaven! :rockin:Also, go to www.ihomebrewsolutions.com and check out The Great Fridge Project. Everything you would need to know to build it. Tnlandsailor is the man! And while you're at it, check out his other stuff. He's a vendor on the board.

The safest place to drill is the door, since there are no refrig lines in the door.
If you must drill elsewhere, I suggest you drill from the inside. The refrigerant lines usually run just inside of the outer casing of the fridge, so cut your hole on the inside just enough to get at the insulation. then carefully scrape the insulation away until you get to the outer wall, and you be able to see if there are any coolant lines in your way. Clear as mud, right?:confused:

Back