Set and Forget method of carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redarmy990

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just a quick question about the above method.
How long should you hear gas going into the keg for.

Just kegged a stout, kegerator set to 47F and carbing at 12psi.

I am asking for a little to prevent having a leak, sprayed starsan everywhere and dont see any leaks as yet. Had the gas on there for 10-15 minutes and could still hear the hiss.

THANKS

Carbonation method doesn't matter in this case.
No way should you be hearing gas flowing into any keg after a minute or so.
Gotta be a leak somewhere...

Cheers!

Thanks, just put my head in there no hissing now, when my ears against the keg i can hear what can only be described as a bubble then a gurgle sound. LOL I am guessing thats the gas going into the liquid.
I changed out my regulator to a taprite and this is the first time i have used and only 2nd time kegging.
All your help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hissing should last for a few seconds. Keep an eye on your tank and see if it's going down. You shouldn't notice a difference in the tank level overnight so if you do, you got a leak somewhere.

Everything is good, had my keg in there for 36 hours and holding PSI, thank you all for the input, this is the first time i have used the set and forget method. I am not in a rush to drink this one as its a stout of around 7% abv and can sit in there for a while.

Back