Serving Temp for Amber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brentk14

Reaction score
I am going to be kegging for the first time tonight. I feel like a highschooler getting ready for that big date haha...Excited, Nervous, Butterflies...anyways. Hopefully I do it right, but what temp do you guys recommend for an Amber and what PSI should I be looking at. I have a 6 ft 3/16" odorless/tastless hose. Thanks for the help

TheJadedDog said:
I serve most of my beers at 45 degrees with 12-15psi.
Can homebrew be stored/ served at that temp? I thought under 38* for homebrew.

Oh, I like my beers warmer. Only BMC swill needs to be ice cold to make it drinkable. The warmer temperature allows the flavor to come through and the aroma, too. Try it. Drink a good craft beer at 45-48 degrees and see if it's not better than you ever imagined.

My DFH 60 minute clone really tastes great at about 45 degrees.

I serve everything at 10-12psi and about 43F. like Yooper says, only BMC swill should be served ice cold...in a frosty mug.

I keep my Guinness cans in the keezer too so I don't have to let it warm up from normal fridge temps (34F).

Back