Separating hops in electric heated keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AiredAle

Reaction score
Many of you have electric heated kettles/keggles, and there are lots of threads on building them. Many of you also have some sort of hop separating device in you keggle, ranging from a hopstopper to a braid to a SS scrubby.

But I have not seen any threads discussing hop separation techniques in electric heating element fired keggles?

So, how do you do it? Is it different to a gas fired keggle? What should I consider as I design an electric keggle? What should I be aware of when designing and building mine?

I used hop bags in my last two brews. They worked great and left very little residue in the kettle. I will keep using them.

Here's what I use - works great. Should work the same in an electric kettle.

hop%20filter.jpg

Anyone have a good website to go on on how to make an electric keggel. I dont want to deal with gas.
thanks
rich

AiredAle said:
Many of you have electric heated kettles/keggles, and there are lots of threads on building them. Many of you also have some sort of hop separating device in you keggle, ranging from a hopstopper to a braid to a SS scrubby.

But I have not seen any threads discussing hop separation techniques in electric heating element fired keggles?

So, how do you do it? Is it different to a gas fired keggle? What should I consider as I design an electric keggle? What should I be aware of when designing and building mine?
All I ever do is whirlpool and drain the wort out the bottom of my electric brewpot.It always works great and I get most of my hops seperated very well.I only use pelleted hops .So I would recomend just whirlpool and don't worry about it.

Thanks folks. I'll give the bag a try when I get the keggle built. Appreciate the advice.

Back