Seltzer?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

dataz722

Reaction score
I think the carb needs to be higher. I think around 35. You will need longer lines too.

david_42

Reaction score
At least 35 psi, going to 45 won't be a bad idea. I run mine at 40 psi and have 20' of 3/16ths to the tap.

OP
claphamsa

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
o! i guess that makes sense. so 30 feet of line.... then normal picnic tap, water co2 and thats it?

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
o! i guess that makes sense. so 30 feet of line.... then normal picnic tap, water co2 and thats it?
Yeah, that should do it.

I bought some cheaper line from Mcmaster-Carr. I think it was about $.15/foot. It's more rigid than regular beerline, but it's food safe and works great for soda. I assume it'd be great for seltzer, too, then. There isn't any taste at all in that line.

I think it was kal who first posted that info on the tubing from Mcmaster-Carr. I know that beerline at the homebrew store is outrageously expensive, when you're buying 30 feet of it! This other stuff is smaller OD, and it "rolls" up really well, so that you can just put a twisty tie on the excess and it's not taking up too much room. I'll see if I can find the link.

OP
claphamsa

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
thanks! I just checked the McMaster Carr website... talk about daunting! any luck on a link? or info as to what is normal beer sized line?

david_42

Reaction score
3/16ths ID, and 20 feet works fine. 1/4" is used for very long runs.