• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Louisiana Selling my RIMS as seen at Winning-Homebrew.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mob_Barley

Reaction score
Hey all, I am selling my RIMS that is showcased on my website at http://www.winning-homebrew.com/diy.html. I only brewed with it twice so it is basically new. I want to use the money to fund a start-up small business. I had brewed way over 50 batches with my coolers and just continued using them once I got the RIMS built. I can't ship it due to the way it is built and the size, so it will have to be a "Pick Up Only". I live near Baldwin, LA. I am asking $2750. There is well over $6500 in materials alone in this showcase home brewery. It is all stainless with a super heavy-duty aluminum frame.
1.1.jpg

2.jpg

16.jpg

I made a webpage with more pics here. Check out the pages I wrote on the build.

I installed honeywell furnace valves with intermittent pilot lights on the MT and HLT. I found the kettle did not burn with enough BTU's to get rid of the DMS in light beers, so I plugged the gas out line and added a high pressure propane regulator and hose directly to the kettle burner which is controlled by the valve on the orifice.

If you have any questions, you can email me at: [email protected]

I remember when I was building my original Brutus type hybrid several years back, and I saw your website and rig. I thought then you did an outstanding job and I was drooling over your rig! I still think you rig is way cool and I know it will make the right person very happy. If you lived in Florida I know some people who would buy it! That is a very cheap price for a rig of that caliber and all the quality parts that went into it. Let alone the build time. Good luck with the sale, I will be surprised if you don't sell it quickly.

John

I wish I could ship it, but just the aluminum frame alone is unbelievably heavy. The guy I bought it from probably spent a fortune on aluminum stock and did all the welding himself. I got all the ideas about the furnace valves from threads on this forum. Everyone was a really big help fine-tuning the design.

I've read your blog in the past and was surprised to see this posted! I work offshore too. Good luck on the sale.

Back