• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois Selling Entire Electric Brewing Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Swanson

Reaction score
For sale is a 15 gallon electric brewing setup, modeled after Kal's design several years ago. I'm a fairly meticulous and detail oriented engineer, so construction quality should be very good for the most part. The front of the control panel was cut on a water jet from a CAD model and the bottom was cut with the nice Greenlee punches.

The pots are 15.5 gallon and the fermenter is 7 gallon. Comes with mash tun and lots of assorted stainless fittings and silicone hoses. Comes with the table. It's to the point where I have heated water with it, but I ended up moving houses when I was 95% done and haven't had time to get back to brewing, and hence have not gotten all of the finishing touches complete. I would estimate it could be up and running in a Saturday if you were motivated. The control panel is functional and I would say the rest of it is ~95+ percent done. From what I remember, the counterflow chiller needs a compression fitting, the pots need something to sit them on so they don't burn the table top. I robbed one of the PID controllers from it for another project, but I'll be glad to buy and install a new one if we reach an agreement on the sale. There are probably a few other odds and ends but nothing major.

I would like to get $2500 for everything but feel free to make me an offer. Would be willing to sell the fermenter separately for $200 but would like to keep the rest together. Located near Peoria, IL.

Pictures available at the link below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L8Q25Q-YVP40ErdORMbdt4S132xYOWvC

Thanks,

Todd

Attachments

• IMG_6023.JPG
    IMG_6023.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 756
Okay, I need to make space in the garage. First $1000 takes it. Please note the fermenter has been sold.

For sale is a 15 gallon electric brewing setup, modeled after Kal's design several years ago. I'm a fairly meticulous and detail oriented engineer, so construction quality should be very good for the most part. The front of the control panel was cut on a water jet from a CAD model and the bottom was cut with the nice Greenlee punches.

The pots are 15.5 gallon and the fermenter is 7 gallon. Comes with mash tun and lots of assorted stainless fittings and silicone hoses. Comes with the table. It's to the point where I have heated water with it, but I ended up moving houses when I was 95% done and haven't had time to get back to brewing, and hence have not gotten all of the finishing touches complete. I would estimate it could be up and running in a Saturday if you were motivated. The control panel is functional and I would say the rest of it is ~95+ percent done. From what I remember, the counterflow chiller needs a compression fitting, the pots need something to sit them on so they don't burn the table top. I robbed one of the PID controllers from it for another project, but I'll be glad to buy and install a new one if we reach an agreement on the sale. There are probably a few other odds and ends but nothing major.

I would like to get $2500 for everything but feel free to make me an offer. Would be willing to sell the fermenter separately for $200 but would like to keep the rest together. Located near Peoria, IL.

Pictures available at the link below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L8Q25Q-YVP40ErdORMbdt4S132xYOWvC

Thanks,

Todd
Is this still available?

Not sure about the protocol on this since I am not the OP, but since Todd mentioned he doesn't get on here much anymore when I met him, I'll say it's no longer available bc it's in my basement now. :)

In fact, just got around to brewing my first batch this weekend after tinkering with how I was going to use it in my process and a few modifications I wanted to do (like swapping out the aux on/off lights for volt and amp meters).

Still need to figure out a few things in my process and get used to the new system but I'm looking forward to lots of use with it!

QuLYHf7641adVuYtZn8OKpatXB2MeOHDv3JJ4RliZ6GG2Xi2bPBPHSe-Y721GjsINncnDCjWxPyqcDWPFCxDjcAwa3og1akOGLkU9ZX9iHuV-KbVj7pfnWepCDSeX0H5JvGla7GhlBM=w942-h966-no

Best of luck in your search for a system and "stay classy, RonBurgundy?"

Back