Selling 1970's Audio Gear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
I am moving my business to a much smaller office and one of the things I am losing is a huge storage area. I'm going to have to sell or throw out a lot of stuff and one of the things I have "re-discovered" there is my old stereo system from the late 1970's.

I have a receiver, a Hitachi turntable, and some really, really nice Infinity QE 8 inch bookshelf speakers. I haven't used the stuff for almost 10 years, so I guess it makes no sense to keep storing it.

My question is, what's the best way to sell the stuff? Craigslist?

How can I ever figure out what to ask for it?

You can try AudiogoN, which is an audiophile site, but like arturo7 mentioned they won't likely be too interested. I'd probably go the craigslist route.

I am moving my business to a much smaller office and one of the things I am losing is a huge storage area. I'm going to have to sell or throw out a lot of stuff and one of the things I have "re-discovered" there is my old stereo system from the late 1970's.

I have a receiver, a Hitachi turntable, and some really, really nice Infinity QE 8 inch bookshelf speakers. I haven't used the stuff for almost 10 years, so I guess it makes no sense to keep storing it.

My question is, what's the best way to sell the stuff? Craigslist?

How can I ever figure out what to ask for it?

What is the band and model of the receiver ?

Back