Securing co2 bottle to kegs with bungee cord?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFallopian

Reaction score
I've acquired a free fridge for my kegerator project. The fridge will just fit two cornelius kegs and a 2.5kg co2 tank.

I am wondering: how best to secure the co2 tank in the fridge? There is no access to the sides of the fridge when everything is in there, and nothing on the rear or sides that the tank can be secured anyway. Would it be ok to secure the co2 tank to the two cornies using bungee cord? By which I mean to wrap a bungee cord around everything in there, with the two kegs at the rear and the tank in the front in between them.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why not just set the tank on the floor? Why would it need to be secured to the kegs?

Maybe I'm missing something, but why not just set the tank on the floor? Why would it need to be secured to the kegs?

It needs to go inside the fridge with the kegs and the fridge floor is too uneven for it to stand securely on its own.

Would it be ok to secure the co2 tank to the two cornies using bungee cord? By which I mean to wrap a bungee cord around everything in there, with the two kegs at the rear and the tank in the front in between them.

I don't see why that would be a problem. Out of an abundance of caution, wrap it around the body instead of the nozzle.

I've acquired a free fridge for my kegerator project. The fridge will just fit two cornelius kegs and a 2.5kg co2 tank.

I am wondering: how best to secure the co2 tank in the fridge? There is no access to the sides of the fridge when everything is in there, and nothing on the rear or sides that the tank can be secured anyway. Would it be ok to secure the co2 tank to the two cornies using bungee cord? By which I mean to wrap a bungee cord around everything in there, with the two kegs at the rear and the tank in the front in between them.

A bungee would work or alternatively a lashing strap. When I take a keg and C02 bottle on the road I use a lashing strap to keep them together and hopefully keep someone from knocking over the C02 cannister.

8_ft_Lashing_Strap_Tie_Down.jpg

Back