Secondary Fermenter Option

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge421

Reaction score
My kegging setup is showing up on Tuesday of this coming week. I have a stoudt that has been in a primary for 2 weeks and I was thinking that I would just place the primary in my fridge for 3 days to separate out the yeast. Should I take that route or should I secondary "ferment" it, my only problem with that is all I have is a pale to rack it into as my other carboy is also being used. Is a pale ana cceptable secondary fermenter>?

Your plan to crash cool and rack to keg sounds fine. I wouldn't bother racking to another primary pail.

Consider using your corny kegs that you said are set to arrive Tues. as a secondary. That's what I do they make great secondaries!
Then just serve directly from the corny/ secondary.

You can put a torx or phillips head screw driver into the beverage dip tube and bend it up slightly other people cut the tube off an inch. I prefer bending it because it's not permanent.

Other don't bend or cut the dip tube they just dump the first glass or 2.

The yeast will settle out once you put it in the fridge. Only transfering the one time saves a lot of time and hassle.

I will transfer to another cornie if I plan to take it on a road trip as I don't want the yeast to get resuspended.

Back