secondary fermentation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

MrWibble

Reaction score
Its a quick one. i transfered to my glass carboy after about an 8 day vigorus primary. OG was 1.080 and FG was 1.014 (or close, hard to remember and i didn't record anything, oops..). Now its in the carboy and i see no activity in the lock. is that normal?

OP
MrWibble

MrWibble

Reaction score
I just checked it and there are small round white somethings floating on the surface. Are they bubbles stuck together or is it mold on my bloody first beer?

estoppel

Reaction score
Floaties are common. Don't worry about it. Just leave it be for a couple of weeks and bottle/keg it up and leave it for a few more weeks and then drink up. RDWHAHB.

PNuke

Reaction score
Its a quick one. i transfered to my glass carboy after about an 8 day vigorus primary. OG was 1.080 and FG was 1.014 (or close, hard to remember and i didn't record anything, oops..). Now its in the carboy and i see no activity in the lock. is that normal?
What kind of beer were you brewing?

headfullahops

Reaction score
1.080 to 1.014 is an 85% apparent attenuation with an 8.72% ABV. I can't say from experience but, that seems to me that it will be a pretty dry beer for such a high OG. Your probably lucky you don't have airlock activity in the secondary or it would probably be from bacterial fermentation.

Latest posts