Secondary Fermentation: dry hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsonpop

Reaction score
So I just moved my IPA into secondary which was a lot harder than I though without an auto siphon. I ended up moving into my bottling bucket while I cleaned and sanitized the carboy it was in for primary then moved it back into the carboy. my kit says to dry hop for 7-10 days but I ended up only being in primary for about 6 days and was hoping to be in secondary for around 2 weeks but I'm afraid if I dry hop that long I will lose the beautiful extra hoppy aroma and taste.
How many days would you recommend for dry hopping?

Also since I moved to secondary (about 2 hours ago) I haven't seen any activity in the airlock. How long does it usually take to see activity again? Or have I just stressed the yeast to much from moving back and forth from bucket to carboy?

Thanks for all the help!!!
-Jordan

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Probably won't see much activity as the fermentation will be mostly done. Also 4-5 days dry hopping, but if your kit says 7-10 days then do that as that's what it says.

Back