Secondary carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insnekamkze86

Reaction score
Hello there i have a question about racking my beer to the secondary carboy. I have clean and santized all my equipment including the secondary but it still has like some seeds in the bottom of the carboy and some fluid from the last batch stuck on the inside of the carboy and the seeds stuck to the bottom of the carboy. Should i rack to my secondary or leave my beer in the primary fermentor? its been two weeks since i start my beer which is coopers stout beer. I used easy clean for cleaning all my equipment never had problems using it but iam worry because theres stuff stuck in my secondary which is a 6 gallon better bottle carboy. If i rack it will it cause problems with the batch or will it be fine?

If it is done fermenting, then rack directly to bottles or keg. No secondary needed for a stout.

Eric

definitely do not rack into an unclean carboy.
use some warm water and oxyclean to get rid of the "seeds and fluid" and then sanitize before putting your beer into it.
if i am out of oxyclean - a strong bleach solution works - just rinse very well after.

thats what i thought i wasnt going to but just wanted to make sure. i belive its done fermenting i take another reading to make sure last one i took was last week with a reading of 1.022 with og of 1.073. Question why with a stout go directly to bottles or to a keg no secondary.

Back