Secondary/Bottle time ratio for Belgian Tripel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climateboy

Reaction score
Hi, all.

I brewed a Tripel on Oct. 19th. I'll rack it to the secondary not later than Nov. 9th or so (after three weeks)...the goal is to have it ready for a feast on January 30, 2009.

My question is, how long should I leave it in the secondary, and how long should I give it in the bottle?

Thanks,

CB

Nope, should be just fine. I actually did a Trippel/Golden Strong on a very similar time table last year. I ended up waiting until the middle of February to drink though, but it was damn good then and then peaked over the summer. I had a bottle right before the GABF and either it was bad bottle, or it lost a lot of its complexity.

That's great, thanks so much. I'm hoping it will all get drunk quick--going to be an epic birthday feast, hopefully.

Yah, and pairing it with a Chimay Red, so it will be a Tripel-Dubbel night (as I'm turning 34).

Back