Second Run Wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthboundagain

Reaction score
Ok so I started a batch of triple berry wine, which was going fine, and it dropped down to 1.030 in about 3 days, so I racked it into a carboy to finish up. The fruit still had a lot of juice in it, so I decided to add some water and sugar, and start a second run wine, something light and low alcohol. So I added back some sugar, water, yeast nutrients and tannin, and then I added some of the first batch of wine for a goo healthy bit of yeast. My question is how long, should it take for this batch to start to ferment?? Or did I just waste some sugar and some water?? :mug:

Ok so I started a batch of triple berry wine, which was going fine, and it dropped down to 1.030 in about 3 days, so I racked it into a carboy to finish up. The fruit still had a lot of juice in it, so I decided to add some water and sugar, and start a second run wine, something light and low alcohol. So I added back some sugar, water, yeast nutrients and tannin, and then I added some of the first batch of wine for a goo healthy bit of yeast. My question is how long, should it take for this batch to start to ferment?? Or did I just waste some sugar and some water?? :mug:

It should start fairly soon. If it doesn't start in 48 hours or so, you can toss in a fresh package of yeast.

Back