Second pour foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmeek

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has this issue? I have 6 ft of 3/16” ultra barrier silver tubing and a 630SS perlick faucet. My pressure is currently on the low side, 10psi. I pour off about 4oz prior to my first pour of the night then the first pour is perfect. Second pour is super foamy, about half foam. I’ve tried pouring off more prior to the second pour but it’s still not as good as the first pour.

Have you used a beer line balancing calculator like this? Beer Line Calculator - Balance A Keg System - Beer Line Restriction - BrÜcrafter The one thing that is really missing is for me to tell you if lines are balanced, is the rise height from middle of your keg to your tap. 6 feet of 3/16 line at 10psi would need 2.4ft rise from middle of keg to faucet to be balanced. If the rise is higher, you need shorter lines, if shorter, than longer lines. Usually I need to pour off some of my first pour as the beer already in the line is warmer than the keg, causing foam.

Back