Second order...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sok454

Reaction score
So I haven't even brewed my first batch (hoping this weekend) and I've already ordered another fermenter and some other ingredients so i can try having to batches going at the same time. I think its the possibility to make each beer "your own" by tweaking the recipes after you've gotten things down that excites me the most!

Most certainly! Every batch I've brewed I've done something just a little bit different than "what I was supposed to", whether it be ingredients or technique. They've all turned out awesome too. Good luck on your first batch! Remember to have fun and take notes if something goes wrong so you don't do it again, or on the plus side you want to make it again! :mug:

I'm going stouts these first two. I love Guinness and all its forms. Had a Milk Stout this weekend in St. Louis that was "light". Granted my inlaws think anything that is dark is heavy... this one to me was not.

It is the benefit to brewing for sure but keep in mind that a recipe is all about balancing sweet and bitter so if you add fermentables then you need to add more hops and vice versa:)

I don't plan on changing the recipe too much. The second one that I ordered ingredients for is the Irish Carbomb Stout. We'll see how it goes!

I like most beers but porters and stouts are my favorite.
Brew on and enjoy the process

Back