Second brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboy3829

Reaction score
Just finished my second brew, a cream ale. After one week of bottle conditioning I couldn't help myself, its pretty good already

20170324_214056.jpg

20170324_214046.jpg

I'm waiting impatiently on my first brew, which also happens to be a cream ale, right now. How long did you leave that in the primary? Does it taste really green after only one week in the bottle? I ask because I'm more than likely also going to be sampling mine at the earliest possible moment out of sheer excitement. I'm hoping it'll be drinkable that early like yours is.

I left mine in the primary for 10 days, and it was very drinkable after a week, I'm sure it will only get better over the next few weeks. Great carbonation and flavor, it did have a little bit of a green taste, but nowhere near as green as my first batch. My first one was a Scottish Ale kit

I've logged over 300 brews, and I still check on my beer a week after bottling.

I have a lot of patience while it is in the fermenter and they usually stay in the fermenter for 4 to 6 weeks. But once bottled, I have to try one at 1 week. I bottled last Sunday, and opened a bottle Saturday (6 days later). Tasted great.

Will probably try one next week, and then the novelty will wear off and will not touch it for a couple of months (it's a Saison).

I've logged over 300 brews, and I still check on my beer a week after bottling.

I have a lot of patience while it is in the fermenter and they usually stay in the fermenter for 4 to 6 weeks. But once bottled, I have to try one at 1 week. I bottled last Sunday, and opened a bottle Saturday (6 days later). Tasted great.

Will probably try one next week, and then the novelty will wear off and will not touch it for a couple of months (it's a Saison).

Of course it tasted great, you let it do its maturing right in the fermenter instead of in the bottle. Had you bottled it at day 7 the fermentation would probably have been done but the beer wouldn't have tasted as good after just a week in the bottle. Also, not all beers mature at the same amount of time. Darker beers and beers with higher alcohol take longer to mature and get good. A barleywine at a week in the bottle would not be good at all but give it a year and it will be real smooth.

Back