Second batch w/pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Village idiot
Reaction score
Done my second batch with extract. 2 weeks in primary, currently 3 days with 15psi of Co2 on it. Still not carbonated enough. How long do I have to wait before it is carbonated?

Thanks!

About 1 inch of yeast left over...
DSC_0061.jpg

In the Keezer...
DSC_0062.jpg

In the glass. Not real clear. But I have a filter I might push it through.
DSC_0063.jpg

Set and forget? 12 PSI @ 38F takes approximately 3 weeks to get properly carbed for me. (It'll be pretty damn clear by then too.) Quit thinking about it and go make another batch!

yep, at 15 psi it'll take a couple weeks to carb up. i always set my kegs to 30 psi for the first couple days (no shaking, just high pressure), then back off to serving pressure (12 psi), my kegs are usually carbed in 4-5 days, give or take.

yep, at 15 psi it'll take a couple weeks to carb up. i always set my kegs to 30 psi for the first couple days (no shaking, just high pressure), then back off to serving pressure (12 psi), my kegs are usually carbed in 4-5 days, give or take.

this works for me as well

Thanks. It has very, very light bubbling. Looks good though. I have to go to work offshore for 20 days in the next couple of days. So I will set it at 12 for 20 days then I guess.,

If you have time before you have to go offshore, brew another batch and put it in the fermenter. That 3 weeks of being ignored will make you a nice batch. Try to put it in a cool location, mid 60's is what I shoot for.

Back