Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd38

Reaction score
Brother is flying to Seattle today. I have never been, and was wondering if there are any good beer spots or beers that are available up there that he should check out

I haven't been to Seattle in a few years, but the last time I was there my buddies took me to some place they called the pirate bar. I don't think that's the real name of it, it was just decorated with pirate flags, pieces of ships, etc. It was in downtown Seattle and you could look into the brewery portion of the brewpub from the windows next to the sidewalk. I remember the beer being decent. Pretty good prices on growlers also. I'm sure some Seattle locals would know the name of the place if your brother asks around.

Also I just saw on your profile that you're into soccer. If your brother likes soccer also he should try to find an Irish pub that's near the big fish market in Seattle. My buddies and I all played soccer at UNLV and we found the place while walking around near the market. They were showing a few different games on their TVs and the atmosphere was really cool for soccer fans. I'm sorry I can't remember this places name either, but hopefully some Seattle locals can chime in if they know the places I'm referring to.

There is a HUGE rivalry game tomorrow night at 8 PM between the Seattle Sounders and Portland Timbers MLS soccer teams in Seattle. If you are anywhere near the stadiums the bars will be packed with people so keep that in mind if you go to Elysian Fields, Pyramid, or I'd say even Pike Brewing. I'd suggest the Elysian brew pub in Capitol Hill/ First Hill if you go that route.
Brouwers in Fremont is a good choice, they have a ton of beers, and a lot of beers that you normaly don't find elsewhere. If you are downtown, the Taphouse grill on 6th Ave. has over 100 beers on tap, it was the first place I found Stone Ruination on tap. Seattle is a great beer town.

DregAddict, you might be talking about the Maritime brewery. They are in Ballard, just down the street from the Hales brewpub.

Also I just saw on your profile that you're into soccer. If your brother likes soccer also he should try to find an Irish pub that's near the big fish market in Seattle. My buddies and I all played soccer at UNLV and we found the place while walking around near the market. They were showing a few different games on their TVs and the atmosphere was really cool for soccer fans. I'm sorry I can't remember this places name either, but hopefully some Seattle locals can chime in if they know the places I'm referring to.

You could be talking about Kells, Fado, or The Owl and Thistle. Kells plays a lot of soccer on their TV's. They are also supposedly the official bar of the Sounders in Seattle, and the Timbers in Portland so that bar will probably have a crazy cover, and a ton of people tomorrow.

You could be talking about Kells, Fado, or The Owl and Thistle. Kells plays a lot of soccer on their TV's. They are also supposedly the official bar of the Sounders in Seattle, and the Timbers in Portland so that bar will probably have a crazy cover, and a ton of people tomorrow.

Kells sounds familiar. I know it wasn't Fado because we had a pub in Vegas by that name so it would have been easy to remember. I remember the entrance was down a back alley. Honestly my memories of seattle are pretty hazy. Needless to say, it was a great trip. I'm sure the OPs brother will have a blast.

Back