Seattle brews / breweries must

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

val214

Reaction score
I am going to Seattle for a few days. Do you guys have any suggestion on any great beers or Breweries in the area? Thank you guys in advance for your replies.

Those are some good ones but on the bigger side. If you have time and a car you should try:
Black Raven
Reuben's Brews
Naked City

There are a hundred others but these are some of my favorites.

Here's a good resource to study:

http://www.brewingnews.com/webpdfs/NWBN/NWBN_Washington.pdf

Elysian and Red Hook are certainly Seattle staples, but IMO their beer is pretty mediocre. Seattle has quite a few small brewers that you can find on draft and/or bottles/cans but not a whole lot of brewpubs other than the well-established ones.

Good thing there are some great beer bars such as Brouwer's Cafe and Naked City Taphouse up in Greenwood-ish. Pine Box (great pizza), Hop vine, and Quinn's (awesome Belgian bottle list and usually a few great ones on tap too) are on Capitol Hill. Pike's brewpub is certainly worth a visit for the beer, but it's pretty touristy as far as food goes.

Breweries to look for include Georgetown (Manny's Pale is everywhere), Odin, Fremont, Schooner Exact, Snoqualamie (one of the best balanced IPAs IMO), Chuckanut, and of course the staples such as Mac & Jack's, Pike, etc.

Don't get me wrong, Seattle is no Portland in terms of beer, but it's no slouch either... :mug:

If you have the time Kitsap County has VERY good microbreweries. Valhol brewery, Sound Brewery, and Slippery Pig are all in Poulsbo that I would recommend. Silver City is pretty good and Hales Ales as great selection of their own beers and guest taps as well.

If you stay in the seattle area I would recommend Elysian, Naked City (I haven't personally tried but it looks good), Black Raven is very good, and there is a Rogue brew house in Issaquah that is good as well. Have fun!

Thank you, guys. After a $50 cab fair we ended up at Elliot bay brew in west side Seattle. I almost s$*t my pants when the driver said $50. Oh, well. Decent ipa's. The wifey is enjoying the fact that half of their house brews are USDA organic. Funk! It's going to take another $50 cab ride back to our room.

image-2762748224.jpg

Thanx guys. Well, today we took the light rail to downtown Seattle and made a pit stop at pike brew after some tea and crumpets.

image-1328883354.jpg

Pyramid is by Safeco Field. I always enjoy going there before catching a Mariners game. Of course, its only relevant if you like baseball, and if the Mariners are in town. I should have checked before I mentioned it I suppose

slimseven said:
Pyramid is by Safeco Field. I always enjoy going there before catching a Mariners game. Of course, its only relevant if you like baseball, and if the Mariners are in town. I should have checked before I mentioned it I suppose

Yea. We are probably catching Sundays game. If we can managed to score some decent tix. They are playing against the Yankees. So, tix prices doubled.

Btw elysian avatar jasmine Ipa is fantastic. I was on the prowl for the space dust and it was ok. Nothing to write home about.

Back