Seasonal and Limited Release Beers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunkagain

Reaction score
I know I personally look forward to certain limited releases or seasonal beers every year. But a lot of times something new will come around and will be gone before I hear about it. So I was thinking we could use this thread as a place to post when you come across something new being released over the course of the year. Might be a good way to help people catch something they would otherwise miss.

So far this year,

Descutes Brewery, Abyss Russian Imperial Stout - Jan 08
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barley Wine - Feb 08
New Belgium - Springboard Ale - Spring 08
Full Sail Brewing - Slipknot IPA - Jan 08
Three Floyd's Brewpup - Dark Lord, available only at the brewery, 1 day a year, usually in late April
New Glarus Brewing - Imperial Weizen - Feb 08
Wasatch Brewpub - Devastator Double Bock
Uinta Brewing - Monkshine Belgain Style Pale Ale
Goose Island Beer Company - Bourbon County Stout, December 07
Wychwood Brewery - Bah Humbug - available during the Christmas
season.
Sweetwater Brewing - Festive Ale
Full Sail Brewery, Imperial Stout
Avery Brewing Company Maharaja Double IPA
Stone Brewing, Russian Imperial Stout
Stone Brewing, Old Guardian Barley Wine
Bridgeport Brewing Co., Old Knucklhead Barley Wine

I've read somewhere that Stone Brewing's Old Guardian Barley Wine should be out in febuary sometime.

don't forget old Boardhead and slipknot IPA both from full sail
oh and check out springboard from new belgium, it is brewed with wormwood, lyceum, and I am not going to take a crack at spelling the last spice that they used, on top of that it is blended (2%) with an oaked portion

we sell it all at my work so I keep up pretty well
-ander

Brilliant idea for a thread!!!! But may I suggest a couple things.

First, YOU should update your post with all the seasonal beers others mention so they are all on the first post of the thread for all to easily see.

Second, you should include the brewery, the name of the beer, and also the approximate time of year that the beer is released.

Here's a few for you:

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, December

Three Floyd's Dark Lord, available only at the brewery, 1 day a year, usually in late April.

Wychwood's Bah Humbug, available during the Christmas season.

BTW, when is Sam Adam's Longshot competition winners brewed/sold?

Utah microbrews

Wasatch Devastator Double Bock

Uinta Monkshine Belgain Style Pale Ale

First, YOU should update your post with all the seasonal beers others mention so they are all on the first post of the thread for all to easily see.

Good enough. I'll give it until the end of the weekend and update things. After that I'll try to update it a couple of times a month.

When you add a beer, if you know what month it was released add it please. Otherwise if I cant figure it out I'll just say what season it came out.

It's been a few months and I've managed to try a few more limited release/seasonal ales and thought I'd bump with the new additions. Feel free to add to the list if you've come across anything.

Not much for this time of year...very few Brewerys put out ESB or Maibocks..

The main one I look forward to every late fall/winter is Samuel Smiths Winter Welcome Ale. Now that is some tasty stuff.

Back